UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    I'm sure some do, particularly parents when they have younger kids with them.......Myself, I keep my speed up and 'take the lane', which prevents cars behind me squeezing past. Which also keeps me several feet away from a roundabouts side-entrances, where cars are always wanting to lurch forwards.
    Have you noticed that these rules are for horses aswell but nobody is complaining about them, everyone always gives them plenty of room and goes out of their way to slow Down for them and pass them slowly, people smile at folk on horses and pull faces at motorists that might not pass them as slow as they should, I would say that if you rode a horse around kew roundabout at rush hour the whole roundabout would calm for the time it took the horse to go around, why do you think that is?.

2. Likes local liked this post
    Dislikes donkey22 disliked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Par for the course - a typical case of sour grapes from the motoring fraternity, who want 'their' tarmac back duh!

Let's look at a few of these apparent 'crashes':

1) Lady comes off bike due poor surface...Imagine what might have befallen her, had it still been a live traffic lane. She may well have ended up beneath a car/truck/bus!

2) Toddler and bike collide, with no mention of any harm done. Again, imagine how that kid would have fared in the same spot, when it previously contained fast-moving motor traffic.

3) Drunken motorist does a spell at the wheel and fails. I'd put the blame entirely on his stupid anti-social decision to drive drunk.

4) Hit and run (don't suppose he/she was also p****d-up by any chance?) collision with a central refuge. Strongly suggests a visit to Specsavers (and perhaps Alcoholics Anonymous)!
    Here we go again with your delusional, made up impressions of what had probably happened, rather than facts.

Likes / Dislikes
    There's quite a lot to consider, when it comes to roundabouts....For example, roundabouts are fine until traffic levels get too high. When that happens, they should be replaced with a lights-junction. An example of that is Windle Island - now a lights-junction.
    Windle Island has been a lights controlled junction for as many years as I can remember and that's a long time.....

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    Have you noticed that these rules are for horses aswell but nobody is complaining about them, everyone always gives them plenty of room and goes out of their way to slow Down for them and pass them slowly, people smile at folk on horses and pull faces at motorists that might not pass them as slow as they should, I would say that if you rode a horse around kew roundabout at rush hour the whole roundabout would calm for the time it took the horse to go around, why do you think that is?.
    Probably because nobody wants their car kicked-about by a panic-stricken horse with large steel-clad hooves!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes

I don't think so - there would always be one idiot who would create horse-burgers.

Likes / Dislikes

Respect .

No .. the answer I was thinking of was that 99% of motorists respect horses and their riders, it’s just the done thing on the road to slow down for them. You don’t have to be the best driver in the world it’s just natural to look out for horses and slow down for them, no one hates or dislikes horses or their riders and you don’t see many self centred risk taking, motorist hating horse riders being ar5eholes .
    So that’s why I think if a horse and rider should walk around the kew roundabout at rush hour the whole roundabout would slow down until the horse left it .

A horse rider isn’t daft enough to do that but if they did do it I imagine that’s the reaction that would occur .

https://youtu.be/6FOUqQt3Kg0

9. Dislikes donkey22 disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    No .. the answer I was thinking of was that 99% of motorists respect horses and their riders, it’s just the done thing on the road to slow down for them. You don’t have to be the best driver in the world it’s just natural to look out for horses and slow down for them, no one hates or dislikes horses or their riders and you don’t see many self centred risk taking, motorist hating horse riders being ar5eholes .
    So that’s why I think if a horse and rider should walk around the kew roundabout at rush hour the whole roundabout would slow down until the horse left it .

A horse rider isn’t daft enough to do that but if they did do it I imagine that’s the reaction that would occur .

https://youtu.be/6FOUqQt3Kg0
    Likewise, 99% of motorists respect cyclists, and no one hates or dislikes cyclists.
    It just suits the mantra of the motorist hating simpleton who constantly posts vitriol which invariably consists of how every car driver is drunk, and out to wipe out every cyclist they see.

11. Likes local, Stuartli liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Par for the course - a typical case of sour grapes from the motoring fraternity, who want 'their' tarmac back duh!
    Sour grapes my jacksie the laughing emojis are following the "cyclists must signal as they go round". If one in a thousand cyclists indicate their intentions I'd be astonished. If they dress in black and cycle without lights at night I'm absolutely positive signals would be a brain puzzler for 90+% of the cycling population.

Likes / Dislikes
    Don’t you mean the outside lane
    Well if you come down the inside lane on a dual carriageway onto a roundabout does it change to the outside lane on the roundabout ?, that should keep Mr Pither quiet for the rest of the day while he deliberates that problem.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartli View Post
    Here we go again with your delusional, made up impressions of what had probably happened, rather than facts.
    Yes if his Aunty had testicles she'd be his uncle, I remember 50+ years ago there were regular Court reports in the Visiter about a drunken cyclist who used to drink in Town then making his way home to Marshside he'd go down Queens Rd when he got to Hesketh Park Mansions he would lie his bike in the middle of the road go in the phone box dial 999 and ask for an ambulance then go and lie down in the road by his bike. I can remember his name to this day but will not disclose it in respect to the sane members of his family.
    If I remember correctly one Emergency Service worker fed up with his antics actually drove over his bike when pulling up at the scene.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartli View Post
    Windle Island has been a lights controlled junction for as many years as I can remember and that's a long time.....
    I’ve been driving for 52 years and I’ve ever only known there to be lights there. I do remember a story from by Dad. Years ago a fire engine was travelling along the ELR in the vicinity of Windle Island, in those days, the fireman actually stood on the appliance holding on to rails. The engine was involved in a collision and I think eight of the firemen were sadly killed.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Well if you come down the inside lane on a dual carriageway onto a roundabout does it change to the outside lane on the roundabout ?, that should keep Mr Pither quiet for the rest of the day while he deliberates that problem.
    They shouldn’t be and now have no need to be on the inside lane ( right hand/faster/lane2 of the dual carriageway ) they should be in the cycle lane. Now there’s no reason why they should be on the inside lane of a dual carriageway or a roundabout.
    This is going to not go too well, soon reports WILL start coming in of cyclists getting run into while covering/crossing exits on roundabouts not to mention drivers beeping and screaming at them, and kids are going to learn how to partake in this danger. So keep your eyes on the news and just hope there are no fatalities .

17. Dislikes donkey22 disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    They shouldn’t be and now have no need to be on the inside lane ( right hand/faster/lane2 of the dual carriageway ) they should be in the cycle lane. Now there’s no reason why they should be on the inside lane of a dual carriageway or a roundabout.
    This is going to not go too well, soon reports WILL start coming in of cyclists getting run into while covering/crossing exits on roundabouts not to mention drivers beeping and screaming at them, and kids are going to learn how to partake in this danger. So keep your eyes on the news and just hope there are no fatalities .
    How would they get around a roundabout without being in one of the lanes?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    How would they get around a roundabout without being in one of the lanes?
    Walk Ideally

20. Dislikes donkey22 disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

'No One Hates Cyclists'

Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Likewise, 99% of motorists respect cyclists, and no one hates or dislikes cyclists.
    It just suits the mantra of the motorist hating simpleton who constantly posts vitriol which invariably consists of how every car driver is drunk, and out to wipe out every cyclist they see.
    No - they just hate cyclists having their own safe strip of Family Friendly tarmac. So much so, they even managed to block the Councils plans for the scheme. Ensuring all riders both old and young, will have to continue taking their chances riding in live traffic - duh!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations