UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    So I am to understand that you have no scientific understanding of the topic, yet you feel you have the right to criticise those who do. Interesting.
    Not at all. The post above from SGZ with an easy to follow diagram is a great explanation for the science behind climate change. But no doubt you’ll refute this accepted formula. In which case, it’s pointless carrying on the conversation.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    The climate has been changing since time began and it’s true there is such a thing as climate change and most likely a slight fraction worse since the industrial revolution, it’s a great excuse for taxing folk like the green tax and other nonesense that thick folk fall for and plastic in the oceans is certainly no joke but what people want to forget is that everything changes all the time it’s not as if this planet will stay the same forever in a perfect zone it will evolve heating up and cooling down burning and freezing it’s nothing new in the great scheme of things and whatever we do to it is part of the process and it’s probably bigger than us enough to handle it. Anyone would think humanity was here eternally and is destined to be here forever well the news is we in the great scheme of things have just arrived and are here only fleetingly and if scientists said you should all be vaccinated against climate change there would be big queues of stupid people right around the block.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    The climate has been changing since time began and it’s true there is such a thing as climate change and most likely a slight fraction worse since the industrial revolution, it’s a great excuse for taxing folk like the green tax and other nonesense that thick folk fall for and plastic in the oceans is certainly no joke but what people want to forget is that everything changes all the time it’s not as if this planet will stay the same forever in a perfect zone it will evolve heating up and cooling down burning and freezing it’s nothing new in the great scheme of things and whatever we do to it is part of the process and it’s probably bigger than us enough to handle it. Anyone would think humanity was here eternally and is destined to be here forever well the news is we in the great scheme of things have just arrived and are here only fleetingly and if scientists said you should all be vaccinated against climate change there would be big queues of stupid people right around the block.
    ‘ The current warming trend is of particular significance because it is unequivocally the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over millennia.’
    https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Please explain how NASA have got it wrong?

Likes / Dislikes
    I didn’t say they got it wrong, I said it’s happening and has been since before time began and will continue long after time and humanity ends, this could take millions of years yet but will still be a spec in the great scheme of things so I wouldn’t worry your little self . Please tell me why we should suddenly be taxed for it and what you will do to stop it.

Likes / Dislikes

Exclamation I'm alright Jack!

Name:  I'mAlrightJack_PeterSellers.png
Views: 0
Size:  38.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JACK/GILLY View Post
    I didn’t say they got it wrong, I said it’s happening and has been since before time began and will continue long after time and humanity ends, this could take millions of years yet but will still be a spec in the great scheme of things so I wouldn’t worry your little self . Please tell me why we should suddenly be taxed for it and what you will do to stop it.
    "…
    I am sorry to sound so hard hearted but this has been coming for a long time and …"

…a combination of complacency and wilful ignorance; perhaps the deadliest possible response

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    ‘ The current warming trend is of particular significance because it is unequivocally the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over millennia.’
    https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Please explain how NASA have got it wrong?
    There are some people who don't believe in things like climate change, wearing seatbelts, vaccination, good diets etc. etc despite expert opinions.
    There are many reasons for this. Only mixing with like minded people, unwillingness to confront the truth, resentment of people with higher intelligence, addiction to social media and so on.

They are not really worth debating with. There are a few on here but fortunately in the minority.

Likes / Dislikes
    Again the same old stupid arguments whilst the world stacks up with pollution making some places a positive danger to be in.

The Faux science is pathetic, specious and ill-thought there is clearly not a joule of scientific rigour in them for either side.

Whatever side you have allocated for yourself you have to accept you don't have certainty for the future but you do have certainty for now.

And right now the world is literally gasping for air, our waterways are clogged and our soil is depleted.

The argument creates a great space for the deniers of pollution who rightly point to anomolies in the "science"
    they shouldn't be given that opportunity what we have is bad right now.

Likes / Dislikes

It’s five to midnight keep washing the yoghurt pots out and you will save the world

Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    Name:  I'mAlrightJack_PeterSellers.png
Views: 0
Size:  38.5 KB

"…
    I am sorry to sound so hard hearted but this has been coming for a long time and …"

…a combination of complacency and wilful ignorance; perhaps the deadliest possible response
    What nonesense you talk, all I have said is I agree with climate change throughout time and I don’t know why you took a quote from another thread ( that I stand by ) if you can’t handle the basic facts and call folk bad and ignorant for stating the obvious then I can’t help you with YOUR ignorance, your fear of death and an end to it all in the fullness of time as it were .
    I am aware that this planet has and will change throughout time with the insignificance of us included I am complacent that you me and the whole of humanity will die out one day relatively soon in the great scheme of things and time and the planet will one day end . Or maybe you think there will be only you left alone in the darkness of space that is probably your current life by the sounds of it. . Enjoy yourself it’s later than you think.

Likes / Dislikes
    What nonesense you talk, all I have said is I agree with climate change throughout time and I don’t know why you took a quote from another thread ( that I stand by ) if you can’t handle the basic facts and call folk bad and ignorant for stating the obvious then I can’t help you with YOUR ignorance, your fear of death and an end to it all in the fullness of time as it were .
    I am aware that this planet has and will change throughout time with the insignificance of us included I am complacent that you me and the whole of humanity will die out one day relatively soon in the great scheme of things and time and the planet will one day end . Or maybe you think there will be only you left alone in the darkness of space that is probably your current life by the sounds of it. . Enjoy yourself it’s later than you think.

Would you accept there is a problem with pollution?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Would you accept there is a problem with pollution?
    Of course there is and furthermore my brown recycling bin is full every collection day, I never drop litter and I take my canvas bags back to the supermarket with me when I go .

Likes / Dislikes
    Of course there is and furthermore my brown recycling bin is full every collection day, I never drop litter and I take my canvas bags back to the supermarket with me when I go .

Then we don't need an exchange of views on what might happen, we need to co-operate with the problems now.

Fine if you aren't fully convinced as to the share of man or planet.

What matters is to get people cleaning up the planet now not playing Nostradamus with cut and pastes.

Likes / Dislikes

Arrow Climate change

What nonesense you talk, all I have said is
    1. I agree with climate change throughout time
    2. …end to it all in the fullness of time as it were
    3. …I am aware that this planet has and will change throughout time with the insignificance of us included
    4. the whole of humanity will die out one day relatively soon in the great scheme of things and time and the planet will one day end
    MICK/GILLY, you qualify an acknowledgement of a changing climate. It appears as though you craftily attempt to downplay:
    1. the impact of GHG emissions directly resulting from human activity since the 18th century and
    2. the possibility of averting imminent calamity by concerted actions to limit those emissions.
    You accuse me of talking nonsense. You are either deceiving yourself, or else attempting to pull the wool … .

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

…but what people want to forget is that everything changes all the time …
    In the 200 or so millennia since hominids moved out of Africa and certainly in the last 20,000 years of human migration the climate has been comparatively benign, such that humans have inhabited all the continents, bar Antarctica. You cannot vaguely allude to geological "deep time " as if the extremes of climate change on that time scale has some bearing on the debate. Climate change over hundreds of millions of years does not change the fact that we are at a crucial point which will determine the fate of the living world in a comparatively short space of time!

As for including your final line from the thread titled: Rwanda For Refugees, post #104, it was to highlight the fact that contemporary human migration and climate change are not unrelated. Arguing that refugees have no right to migrate into Britain and Europe does not absolve us of a degree of responsibility for their plight. Europeans including ourselves have for several centuries enjoyed the fruits of the exploitation of resources from around the world. Our modern, consumerist lifestyle is the prime driver of potential disaster for all of humankind. Some of us simply refuse to acknowledge that fact. One consequence is mass migration. In addition, a disastrous sixth major mass extinction event appears to be underway.

Likes / Dislikes
    My point is made.

Likes / Dislikes
    But…

From the standing charges thread:

Mick/Gilly post #11
    “ Normally I don’t care about usage of gas elec or water leaving the garden hose on half a day and lights on all night while boiling a full kettle for one and walking around the house sweating in the winter with the heating on full but now I will be more conscious if only for stopping them robbing bs taking money with their new robbing tariffs.”

Your hypocritical arrogance is astounding.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    MICK/GILLY, you qualify an acknowledgement of a changing climate. It appears as though you craftily attempt to downplay:
    1. the impact of GHG emissions directly resulting from human activity since the 18th century and
    2. the possibility of averting imminent calamity by concerted actions to limit those emissions.
    You accuse me of talking nonsense. You are either deceiving yourself, or else attempting to pull the wool … .

In the 200 or so millennia since hominids moved out of Africa and certainly in the last 20,000 years of human migration the climate has been comparatively benign, such that humans have inhabited all the continents, bar Antarctica. You cannot vaguely allude to geological "deep time " as if the extremes of climate change on that time scale has some bearing on the debate. Climate change over hundreds of millions of years does not change the fact that we are at a crucial point which will determine the fate of the living world in a comparatively short space of time!

As for including your final line from the thread titled: Rwanda For Refugees, post #104, it was to highlight the fact that contemporary human migration and climate change are not unrelated. Arguing that refugees have no right to migrate into Britain and Europe does not absolve us of a degree of responsibility for their plight. Europeans including ourselves have for several centuries enjoyed the fruits of the exploitation of resources from around the world. Our modern, consumerist lifestyle is the prime driver of potential disaster for all of humankind. Some of us simply refuse to acknowledge that fact. One consequence is mass migration. In addition, a disastrous sixth major mass extinction event appears to be underway.
    No I don’t think 600 Iraqi men women and children a day 40 to a little boat are coming here to blame you for your your lifestyle making it a bit too hot over there, I am not downplaying anything I am saying recent human contribution to the planets rise and fall in temperature are minor in the great scheme of things and part of evolution of us and the planet, if there’s another ice age are you going to blame yourself. Africans are still moving out of Africa and now the UK is proposing to send them back if they arrive here unless they are in danger from persecution or war. Climate change over past hundreds of millions of years and future hundreds of millions of years does have some bearing on this debate to listen to you talk all around the world to try and promote your point you would think the planet lives in a safe unchanging bubble forever.

17. Likes jamyramy liked this post
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations