UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    But…

From the standing charges thread:

Mick/Gilly post #11
    “ Normally I don’t care about usage of gas elec or water leaving the garden hose on half a day and lights on all night while boiling a full kettle for one and walking around the house sweating in the winter with the heating on full but now I will be more conscious if only for stopping them robbing bs taking money with their new robbing tariffs.”

Your hypocritical arrogance is astounding.
    As I said
    “Normally I don’t care about these things as I have other worries but since the price rises i will be more conscious “ I have vowed not to let them take me for every penny as well as climate tax or green tax nonesense so I only boil a kettle to a cup or two and have had a water meter fitted 2 weeks ago, I have long been not buying plastic bags at the supermarket and although I don’t wash out my yoghurt pots I recycle everything I can, I have 2 reasonably large gardens and now have water buts on my greenhouse and sheds but I still like it hot in the winter , these changes came about solely to financial savings as with new made up taxes and increased bills they are robbing us too much I just begrudge them but I do think there is too much plastic around in the seas , you may have twigged now that I don’t care what you think as you are just an argumentative nobody that thinks they are somebody to tell us how to spell, so what have you done to save the world lately or do you only exist to poo poo people on here to lift yourself up from the low that is your sad delivery life .

2. Likes jamyramy liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    the inate earths resonance is changing,thats affecting everything .nowt we can do about it .yep plastics a majore issue easily resolved.as for co2 well more trees ,then ll else is governments and players using it to tax us .then theres the new virus king canute syndrome.

Likes / Dislikes
    And the last two jokers the kings new clothes syndrome . Just wait until the climate change vaccinations come out then I will be a bad man for not queuing up with the rest of the noddys.

6. Likes jamyramy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    So let me get this right.

You think we can solve the Co2 problem by planting trees?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post
    So let me get this right.

You think we can solve the Co2 problem by planting trees?
    thats what trees and plants do adsorb co2 emit oxygen.were felling them more than planting them.fossil fuels been the norm for milenias.the earths changing despite our contributions,such is the planet were on.taxing everyone wont stop that.else why dont those that be just ban its use if its that damaging.we could ban plastics overnight but they wont theyl carry on producing it and just tax us for using it.doesnt add up.

9. Likes MICK/GILLY liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Climate change

Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    No I don’t think 600 Iraqi men women and children a day 40 to a little boat are coming here to blame you for your your lifestyle making it a bit too hot over there,
    1. I am not downplaying anything I am saying recent human contribution to the planets rise and fall in temperature are minor in the great scheme of things and part of evolution of us and the planet, if there’s another ice age are you going to blame yourself. Africans are still moving out of Africa and now the UK is proposing to send them back if they arrive here unless they are in danger from persecution or war.
    2. Climate change over past hundreds of millions of years and future hundreds of millions of years does have some bearing on this debate to listen to you talk …you would think the planet lives in a safe unchanging bubble forever.

"in the great scheme of things" | "and future hundreds of millions of years"? — this is about climate disasters occurring with increasing frequency; it's about disastrously disruptive events in the lifetime of people you know (if not in your own lifetime!)
    You refuse to face facts because it might require you to alter your precious habits. Regrettably, habits will change willy-nilly. This little country and the world will change out of recognition because some people cannot be arsed.

a combination of complacency and wilful ignorance;
    perhaps the deadliest possible response

11. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    There were dinosaur fossils when the dinosaurs existed that’s how long dinosaurs were knocking around and there they were thinking nothing will change, the earth will stay just like this forever in a bubble , just don’t think for yourself or look up. Today it’s just the same just don’t think for yourself or look up from your smartphone, just believe the rhetoric and poo poo the others, the real educated ones that think for themselves.

13. Likes jamyramy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post

"in the great scheme of things" | "and future hundreds of millions of years"? — this is about climate disasters occurring with increasing frequency; it's about disastrously disruptive events in the lifetime of people you know (if not in your own lifetime!)
    You refuse to face facts because it might require you to alter your precious habits. Regrettably, habits will change willy-nilly. This little country and the world will change out of recognition because some people cannot be arsed.

a combination of complacency and wilful ignorance;
    perhaps the deadliest possible response
    Do you have long hair and a white beard and stand on street corners with a sandwich board saying the end of the world is nigh repent now?, do you think the fires in Greece are a new thing or floods and volcanoes only happened in later years no mate whole countries and islands with statues and pyramids can be found at the bottom of the oceans, the poles have changed a few times that we know of. They are no longer where you think they are right now and are twice overdue to change again Blame yourself, whip yourself or blame other peoples habits if you want but I am not buying it .

Likes / Dislikes
    The entire climate change debate is clouded with opinion, future modelling, scientific evidence currently available.

We know that the climate on this planet has changed considerably many times throughout the life of this planet, in truth has spent much longer in an ice age state than in the comparatively mild climate we currently have, indeed many scientists regard our current climate as an inter glacial period, one major problem is that we conceited humans tend to regard the current climate as the standard for the planet and stress current recorded changes as the only evidence.

Our short time as the dominant species on the planet, is actually considerably shorter than, for instance, the days of the dinosaur, sadly in our short term we have pillaged, polluted and poisoned so much that we are most definitely having a detrimental effect on the planet as a whole, there is also no doubt that we have increased the atmospheric CO2 levels dramatically.

Many of course point to the industrial revolution and current industry, fossil fuels etc as a main cause, the reality, this started way before then when humans cleared wood land and forest in order to grow crops, this has been accelerated as the human population has grown, we require massive amounts of energy to actually function. The real problem is there are simply too many of us, but how do you deal with that?

I certainly don't have the answers, but equally I'm not certain that scientists have the answers either, this concentration on climate change/global warming only covers a part of the problem, the entire world needs to change if we are to survive long term, having said that, the planet would probably be better off without us.

Anyone wishing to deny the facts of climate change is fooling themselves, plus of course it is down to all of us to do what we can to protect the future, but will the world actually do that? utterly pointless a small number of countries cleaning up their act while others increase their polluting ways, sadly there will always be some who believe that they are justified in continuing to pollute the world.

All sounds a bit doom merchant but I really can't see the entire world co-operating to one objective.

16. Likes Nick2, MICK/GILLY liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    MICK/GILLY

Do you have long hair and a white beard and stand on street corners with a sandwich board saying the end of the world is nigh repent now?, do you think the fires in Greece are a new thing or floods and volcanoes only happened in later years no mate whole countries and islands with statues and pyramids can be found at the bottom of the oceans, the poles have changed a few times that we know of. They are no longer where you think they are right now and are twice overdue to change again Blame yourself, whip yourself or blame other peoples habits if you want

18. Likes donkey22, MICK/GILLY liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post

Anyone wishing to deny the facts of climate change is fooling themselves, plus of course it is down to all of us to do what we can to protect the future, but will the world actually do that? utterly pointless a small number of countries cleaning up their act while others increase their polluting ways, sadly there will always be some who believe that they are justified in continuing to pollute the world.
    So the small number of countries who are now making the effort to, might as well not bother to reduce their #Greenhouse Gas emissions? In that scenario, nobody reduces their emissions and #Global Warming goes into overdrive!

At least with some countries cutting back on CO2 output, the rest have a viable model to follow. End result; we avoid the worst possible outcome and the planet hopefully remains liveable after a fashion.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes

Still not buying it SGZ

I don’t know why you have put that link to my earlier post?, the water, gas and electricity price rises have come into effect and my post states, “I am not buying it”, I don't like idea of plastic in the seas but plastic comes from oil and oil comes from the sea and if it takes a couple of million years to dissolve then in the great scheme of time the universe and everything that is for want of a better phrase a drop in the ocean. I will recycle, maybe I am influenced by media, while I watch China pollute the world and India burn coal like it’s going out of fashion but if they want my yoghurt pots they are going to have to wash them out themselves, I also recycle cos it makes the black bins less full.
    An earlier post tells how I like to be warm in the winter with a disregard for the climate and the Cost, well let me clarify it has only been a few years since I got central heating for the first time in my house, for years it was like living in a three up two down steptoe and son cave (nice house really) with one gas fire in a-downstairs room. Most nights I would go to bed freezing and watch as the inside of the windows iced up and over time went mouldy but when I got the luxury of central heating my world changed it was a stark difference to me so you could say up until a few years ago I was super eco friendly, I must confess I went a bit mad with it but now especially after the price rises I have learned to turn it off upstairs in the day and down a bit downstairs . Some people reckon it’s no good for your chest but my health was starting to suffer anyway and I noticed central heating wasn’t helping so I have calmed down with that to a more normal clime as the novelty of new fangled central heating has worn off but not because of climate change but because of the cost rise.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    So the small number of countries who are now making the effort to, might as well not bother to reduce their #Greenhouse Gas emissions? In that scenario, nobody reduces their emissions and #Global Warming goes into overdrive!

At least with some countries cutting back on CO2 output, the rest have a viable model to follow. End result; we avoid the worst possible outcome and the planet hopefully remains liveable after a fashion.
    Take the rope from around your neck and take the blindfold from your eyes, don't worry now the world will be alright, because the land has been here longer than the likes of you and I ( the levellers ).

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    Take the rope from around your neck and take the blindfold from your eyes, don't worry now the world will be alright, because the land has been here longer than the likes of you and I ( the levellers ).
    If the world does nothing, i.e. carries on as before - the 'land' around here will end up beneath more than 200ft of seawater.....
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyramy View Post
    thats what trees and plants do adsorb co2 emit oxygen.were felling them more than planting them.fossil fuels been the norm for milenias.the earths changing despite our contributions,such is the planet were on.taxing everyone wont stop that.else why dont those that be just ban its use if its that damaging.we could ban plastics overnight but they wont theyl carry on producing it and just tax us for using it.doesnt add up.

Oh, but it does add up Jamy, but I bet the Treasury won't tell you that.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations