UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

1. Published on: 22/07/2022 08:33 AMReported by: rogerblaxall
    A Range Rover being driven on the pavement in Westhead near Ormskirk is just one example of dangerous driving – from more than 1,400 submitted - captured on dashcam and featuring in a sobering video montage released by Lancashire Constabulary highlighting 'Operation Snap'.

The impatient driver's recorded by a car and cyclist at the junction of Lyelake Lane and Plough Lane as police continues to tackle anti-social driving offences through Operation Snap, a streamlined and secure online portal where members of the public can upload digital footage of suspected traffic offences they have witnessed.

https://www.facebook.com/lancspolice/videos/583501590011833

Since its launch in 2021, more than 1,400 submissions have been made by the county’s road users as the Constabulary and public work in tandem; using that footage, the force has taken positive action in 58% of cases.

Potential evidence of dangerous driving, driving without due care and attention, careless driving, using a mobile phone when driving, not wearing a seatbelt, going through red lights and crossing solid white lines in the road, are just some of the instances recorded.

Superintendent Mark Morley of the Constabulary's Tac Ops division said: “This is an innovative approach to keeping our roads safe.

“We have worked very hard to set up Operation Snap to allow people to report offences of anti-social driving.

“There is new and more widely used dashcam technology available which can be used to support, educate and in some cases prosecute people who commit offences on our roads.

“This is utilising the eyes and ears of the public and we have seen a significant increase in reports from the public via Operation Snap.

“We appeal to everybody to drive safely and be considerate to other road users.”

Andrew Snowden, Lancashire's Police and Crime Commissioner said: “I'm really pleased to see the successful rollout of Operation Snap continuing to make our roads safer and see those breaking the law and putting others in danger, rightly punished.

"We are seeing many dangerous drivers receiving sanctions from official warnings all the way through to court summons, thanks to submissions through Operation Snap.

“It shows the public want to see those driving at high speeds, anti-socially or carelessly with no regard for others stopped and challenged.

"As I continue to support Lancashire Constabulary in delivering strong, proactive policing that targets dangerous drivers and delivering my Police and Crime Plan, my Deputy Andy Pratt MBE, now Chair of the Road Safety Partnership, is bringing together partners to make sure we work together and share best practice.

"It's only by doing so that we will ultimately make our roads safer and save lives."

Submit footage at https://unitedkingdom1cpp-portal.dig...cam-submission

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

Your Comments:

3. The PNP says:22/07/2022 09:11 AM
    Yes, he did drive onto the pavement to get past, as I've seen done many times. And yes, he should have waited behind the bike, till it turned off to the right....

But I'll give him his fair due - he obviously did it to ensure a decent gap between himself and the cyclist. It would have been possible to squeeze dangerously through cheek-by-jowl with that bike, as some idiot drivers would have, but he didn't. The pavement's rubbish on that side of the road anyway, is rarely if ever used and leads to nothing except a grass verge. I hope his mounting the kerb out of respect for the cyclists roadspace and personal safety, will be taken into account before 'doing him'!

Btw, the pics are in the wrong order. Middle pic comes first, followed by the top pic, then bottom pic comes last (where that vestigial bit of 'pavement' can be seen ending abruptly, into rough grass).
    Last edited by The PNP; 22/07/2022 at 09:27 AM.

4. Likes town36 liked this post
  5. Stuartli says:22/07/2022 01:11 PM
    Perhaps The PNP would like to explain why there are three or four cyclists blocking the entire road coming the other way?

6. Likes Zed2021 liked this post
  7. The PNP says:22/07/2022 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartli View Post
    Perhaps The PNP would like to explain why there are three or four cyclists blocking the entire road coming the other way?
    Because they'll be turning right just ahead, towards the Rainford Bypass. Not only that, if they were to go single-file, they could easily end up boxed in, due cars illegally overtaking them, i.e. by leaving less than 1.5m minimum clear air between bikes and car.

8. Dislikes Zed2021, Stuartli disliked this post
  9. donkey22 says:22/07/2022 01:38 PM
    Why the headline ‘Cyclist gets revenge’. The article clearly states that both a motorist and a cyclist reported the incident. Why single the cyclist out as ‘getting revenge’?
    A better headline would’ve been ‘Road users report dangerous driver to Police’.
    Singling out the cyclist as revengeful is just going to stir things up even further on this site. Pathetic.

10. Likes The PNP liked this post
  11. lawed143 says:22/07/2022 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartli View Post
    Perhaps you’d like to explain the law that the cyclists broke by doing so.? No thought not as there isn’t one.
    The cyclists are protecting their position on the road, preventing dangerous close passes like that shown by the Range Rover. It’s not difficult to understand Stuart.

12. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Dislikes Stuartli disliked this post
  13. rogerblaxall says:22/07/2022 01:43 PM
    To clarify - cyclists turning right to Burscough via Hall Lane (past Pilks. laboratories) NOT towards Rainford by pass....

14. The PNP says:22/07/2022 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerblaxall View Post
    To clarify - cyclists turning right to Burscough via Hall Lane (past Pilks. laboratories) NOT towards Rainford by pass....
    Yes, I can see that - done it myself a time or two.....My statement re riders heading in Rainford direction, was in response to Stu. Because he queried the 'blocking' by a group of riders heading East in the second pic.

15. rogerblaxall says:22/07/2022 02:12 PM
    Got you

16. The PNP says:22/07/2022 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerblaxall View Post
    Got you
    Nah, mate - you missed, lol!

17. MICK/GILLY says:22/07/2022 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Yes, he did drive onto the pavement to get past, as I've seen done many times. And yes, he should have waited behind the bike, till it turned off to the right....

But I'll give him his fair due - he obviously did it to ensure a decent gap between himself and the cyclist. It would have been possible to squeeze dangerously through cheek-by-jowl with that bike, as some idiot drivers would have, but he didn't. The pavement's rubbish on that side of the road anyway, is rarely if ever used and leads to nothing except a grass verge. I hope his mounting the kerb out of respect for the cyclists roadspace and personal safety, will be taken into account before 'doing him'!

Btw, the pics are in the wrong order. Middle pic comes first, followed by the top pic, then bottom pic comes last (where that vestigial bit of 'pavement' can be seen ending abruptly, into rough grass).
    If that’s the order of the pics then it looks like the bicycle club divs on the opposite side of the road have boxed the white car in the middle of them by riding 3 abreast and not letting it pass. This just looks like more stress caused by bikes, in the first pic ( middle ) the car crosses the centre line to overtake the bicycle and give it plenty of room and you can see the bicycle in front indicating right far too long before any turn .. ( is the bike coming to a junction? or does the road just veer off to the right? I am asking cos I can’t picture it but if the road just veers off to the right or the junction is in the distance there’s no need at that point for the cyclist to be in the middle of the road ) .. sitting in the middle of the road. Is he suddenly feeling empowered by the sight of the bicycle club showing off look at me I am just like you hindering cars ?.
    In the second pic ( top ) you can see the view from the lead bicycle looking back showing the car on the opposite side struggling to get past riders 3 abreast and getting trapped amongst them while that bike rides in the middle of the road far too long before any turn looking like he is turning into one of the houses rather than at any junction if there is one far ahead.
    The last pic shows a fuming driver doing his nut and OBVIOUSLY doing the WRONG thing, he is probably used to feeling entitled and needs to learn patience with idiots but even so the cyclists signalled and moved into the middle of the road far too early and I fear it was just to be a prick knowing they are fitted up with cameras, maybe they are motorist hating cyclists that purposely go out to annoy drivers into angrily doing the wrong thing then record and report them.
    But surely there are no driver hating cyclists that would threaten to or go to these lengths for their own entertainment.
    The road is too much a dangerous place for messing about whatever mode of transport you prefer .

18. Dislikes lawed143 disliked this post
  19. The PNP says:22/07/2022 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    If that’s the order of the pics then it looks like the bicycle club divs on the opposite side of the road have boxed the white car in the middle of them by riding 3 abreast and not letting it pass. This just looks like more stress caused by bikes, in the first pic ( middle ) the car crosses the centre line to overtake the bicycle and give it plenty of room and you can see the bicycle in front indicating right far too long before any turn ..
    To make sense of what's happening, you need to either know that piece of road, or to look it up in your AA road atlas or on Google Maps. The roadsign on the left gives a clue to the layout, i.e. that the main 40mph road, has a right fork just ahead. Same layout 300yds behind the camera, i.e. a fork to the right....Imagine two letter 'Y's laid end to end and you'll have the layout.

The odd thing about it, is most traffic (inc bikes) emerges from one side fork, only travels the 300yds of main road, then turns into the side fork at the other end. Which makes for a lot of right-turning in both directions. That lone rider, is simply making a normal right-turn manouvre, by indicating right, moving towards the centre of the road and keeping an eye on the vehicle/s behind, in case they do anything silly. Legally-speaking, he can't be faulted.
    Last edited by The PNP; 22/07/2022 at 07:57 PM.

20. Likes lawed143 liked this post
  21. MICK/GILLY says:22/07/2022 08:55 PM
    So it’s not a junction then and it’s in the distance and it forks around to the right and he had no need to be in the centre of the road so early if at all .. Is that what you are saying?.
    You seem to know a lot about the order of the pics it’s bloody you isn’t it, the word revenge gave it away aswell. Christ man you nearly caused an accident there !.
    Like I say we will remember you fondly and I’ll take the collection for the flowers .

22. lawed143 says:22/07/2022 09:23 PM
    So it’s not a junction then and it’s in the distance and it forks around to the right and he had no need to be in the centre of the road so early if at all .. Is that what you are saying?.
    You seem to know a lot about the order of the pics it’s bloody you isn’t it, the word revenge gave it away aswell. Christ man you nearly caused an accident there !.
    Like I say we will remember you fondly and I’ll take the collection for the flowers .
    The fork actually bends to the left, and is classified as a right turn onto the B5240. The cyclist is 278 feet from the junction, which at 20mph, is 30ft per second and so 9 seconds from the junction. Likely the cyclist was going quicker so probably more like 6 seconds from the junction. Certainly in the right position and clearly indicating their intentions. The driver is bang to rights and deserves their penalty. Certainly no need for such an aggressive and dangerous manoeuvre.

23. The PNP says:22/07/2022 09:34 PM
    You have to get to the centre of the road with your right arm stuck out, and wait for a gap in oncoming traffic till you can swing across and enter the side road. I'm saying he did the same thing I would have done.

You seem to know a lot about the order of the pics it’s bloody you isn’t it, the word revenge gave it away as well. Christ man you nearly caused an accident there !.
    Oh no not again - that is not me in the pics for goodness sake - duh! But I do know the road intimately well, cos I go that way on the bike. I can even tell you where a 'Brexit' sticker was stuck on that roadsign a few years back, you can still just make out where the sellotape was, lol!

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations