UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast

Thread: Liars

Likes / Dislikes

Liars

As one of our friends has an obsession with liars, although doesn't seem to know what a liar is, I thought I might start a thread on the subject where we could record examples.

To start with I give you Education Secretary, Gillian Keegan.

A few days ago she said in an interview on Today that we have record spending on schools.

So as you'd expect More or Less got into the detail. It discovered that she was excluding 3-5 year-olds who were at pre-school. More importantly it excluded the 16-plus cohort, typically doing A-levels before university; in their case real funding has fallen by 25% since 2010.

She also excluded capital spending on new schools or repairs (falling) and the decision to remove DOE funding for services like school psychiatrists which local authorities now have to pay for.

Anyone would think we have an election on the horizon.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    The absolute King by a long shot, Sir Beir Starmer the Liar.

no one else comes even near.

Strange own goal for you, Rodney you not had your meds yet?

Now which Labour source should I quote, there's so many;

Do it yourself just put "Starmers Lies" in a search.

There are literally hundreds of results from Labour Members and Unions no point in putting in opposition party results they obviously have bias..

Wonder how long it will take for some whataboutery to try and deflect

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    The absolute King by a long shot, Sir Beir Starmer the Liar.

no one else comes even near.

Strange own goal for you, Rodney you not had your meds yet?

There are literally hundreds of results from Labour Members and Unions no point in putting in opposition party results they obviously have bias..

Wonder how long it will take for some whataboutery to try and deflect
    Your opinion only, others may think differently, for instance Johnson, Mogg, plus a host of others, sorry but Starmer has a long way to go before he gets close to these more accomplished liars, but hey everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Likes / Dislikes
    100% reliable response from local there.

Still unable or unwilling to grasp that a lie is to say something you know to be untrue. Which Johnson and his cronies are our Olympic squad at. Even to the extent of having Jacob Really Misbegotten lie to the Queen as his proxy.

No doubt we will hear about what has been described as Starmer's "Damascene conversion to Brexit". Which makes you wonder about just how confused one can be.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post

Still unable or unwilling to grasp that a lie is to say something you know to be untrue. Which Johnson and his cronies are our Olympic squad at. Even to the extent of having Jacob Really Misbegotten lie to the Queen as his proxy.

No doubt we will hear about what has been described as Starmer's "Damascene conversion to Brexit". Which makes you wonder about just how confused one can be.

Whichever political party - there is no greater truth in the saying "Show me a politician and I will show you a liar"

7. Likes gazaprop liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I don't think they all are.

I think there are genuinely people who have beliefs and want to serve the public.

Not a fashionable view, I know

I think a very common problem is a reluctance so admit they don't know something, so make something up. I'd have more/some respect if they said they didn't know.

But then there are the pathological liars, of whom Johnson is by a very long distance the winner.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Whichever political party - there is no greater truth in the saying "Show me a politician and I will show you a liar"
    This - full time job is being a liar. On Sundays and High Holidays they become mere dissemblers

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post

Would you be kind enough to explain to me what status you attribute to Smarmer's repeated assertion that he has dealt with 'anti semitism' within the Labour Party.

Similarly, was he telling 'the absolute truth' - when asserting that it was new information coming to light, which led to the suspension of Labour's prospective Rochdale parliamentary candidate - because dogs on the street knew that little one was a big, fat porky.

Or - was he telling the truth when he stood fair square - twice - behind the biggest anti semite since Uncle Adolf - assuring us that Jeremy Corbyn was fit to lead our Country?

Or Angela Raynor telling us that people buying and profiting from a Council house sale were terrible scum - that is after trousering £48,000 from the sale of hers.

Something about stones, glass houses and throwing seems to be nagging at the back of my mind

Likes / Dislikes
    I have never been involved in politics in any way, and would never want to be, but politicians of all groups are no different from, and are part of, the general public. We can all put a positive spin on what we do or say, and sometimes that involves omitting or even departing from the truth. The L word is easy to use anonymously. Would you call someone a l*** to their face?

We now see the consequences of this toxicity in the news, some politicians to be given bodyguards, admittedly as an indirect consequence of the Israeli war, but a worrying development for our democratic future.
    Let's show some respect to our representatives and disagree without being nasty.

12. Likes gazaprop liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Your opinion only, others may think differently, for instance Johnson, Mogg, plus a host of others, sorry but Starmer has a long way to go before he gets close to these more accomplished liars, but hey everyone is entitled to an opinion.

By the heck the very next post for some whataboutery

You start with "your opinion only" when I couldn't have been clearer to not use my opinion.

I wrote;

Then you waffle on about Sir Boris And Jacob Rees Mogg.

It is funny though this desperate attempt to deflect

Likes / Dislikes
    By the heck the very next post for some whataboutery

You start with "your opinion only" when I couldn't have been clearer to not use my opinion.

I wrote;

Then you waffle on about Sir Boris And Jacob Rees Mogg.

It is funny though this desperate attempt to deflect
    Not deflection, just facts, it may have escaped your notice but Starmer has not as yet been in power, he has amended many aims as conditions change, this doesn’t always agree with many people who wish to see original aims front and centre, as yet he hasn’t acted on any of what you wish to class as lies, your heroes have done, simple really.

Must confess anyone who can excuse or even hail creatures like Johnson or Mogg is not to be taken seriously.

Likes / Dislikes
    Not deflection, just facts, it may have escaped your notice but Starmer has not as yet been in power, he has amended many aims as conditions change, this doesn’t always agree with many people who wish to see original aims front and centre, as yet he hasn’t acted on any of what you wish to class as lies, your heroes have done, simple really.

Must confess anyone who can excuse or even hail creatures like Johnson or Mogg is not to be taken seriously.

Amendments

Pray, tell when over the years of his tenure the conditions were right before he had to make his many "amendments"

How the promises he made to become Labour leader were completely ditched.

You could even tell us all when Corbyn was fit to be our PM as he argued.

What conditions changed for the Corbyn he now doesn't think he is fit to be an MP.

You could even all make us laugh as to how you justify the "amendment" of his position on membership of the EU from nation disrupting second referendum to his current "no case" for membership.

Why on earth do you demean yourself with this claptrap, you have long argued for what I might call traditional Labour values yet this con man comes along and you throw your values under a bus.

The lie that the UK was a land of milk and honey able to pay for all his ludicrous promises and Corbyn was great just until he took his position is beyond funny.

Would you like ten twenty or fifty of his "Amendments" try googling Starmers lies and avoid anything not from the center or left of politics.

Likes / Dislikes
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66887576

you should read that more carefully

Likes / Dislikes
    Amendments

Pray, tell when over the years of his tenure the conditions were right before he had to make his many "amendments"

How the promises he made to become Labour leader were completely ditched.

You could even tell us all when Corbyn was fit to be our PM as he argued.

What conditions changed for the Corbyn he now doesn't think he is fit to be an MP.

You could even all make us laugh as to how you justify the "amendment" of his position on membership of the EU from nation disrupting second referendum to his current "no case" for membership.

Why on earth do you demean yourself with this claptrap, you have long argued for what I might call traditional Labour values yet this con man comes along and you throw your values under a bus.

The lie that the UK was a land of milk and honey able to pay for all his ludicrous promises and Corbyn was great just until he took his position is beyond funny.

Would you like ten twenty or fifty of his "Amendments" try googling Starmers lies and avoid anything not from the center or left of politics.
    Don’t recall ever lauding Starmer as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he has brought a semblance of balance to what was a very fractured Labour Party and now leads the only alternative to the current band of useless Tories.

There is no doubt that the Tories must go, for better or worse Starmer and Labour is the only viable option.

Likes / Dislikes

You have lost your political and moral compass,

if you could tell me which "conditions" changed for him going from;

Starmer said that Brexit needed to happen as a ‘matter of principle’

To heading the anti-democratic second vote campaign to,

seeing no case for joining the EU. ?

That's one hell of a journey.

Or,

Take his flip-flopping on transgenderism. At times, he’s been a strident supporter of the trans movement. In 2020, he committed Labour to introducing gender self-identification. In 2021, he admonished gender-critical feminists who say that ‘only women have a cervix’. But then, last month, in an apparent concession to biological reality, he said that ‘99.9 per cent of women haven’t got a penis’.

or,

Starmer admitted on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that he will abandon his pledge to scrap university tuition fees – a promise he made to the Labour membership in 2020. Other pledges he has jettisoned from his Labour leadership campaign include nationalising the utilities firms, increasing income tax on high earners, keeping freedom of movement with the EU and banning outsourcing in the NHS.

The remoaners tell us we are worse off outside the EU it doesn't appear that Sir Beir Starmer the liar believes them.

Tell us, what conditions changed?

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations