UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Brexit

Likes / Dislikes

Anti-Brexit

Funny that! They say om the media that more people are regretting Brexit. That is a fallacy! Many of those who voted remain now regret it - see: https://youtu.be/llAnoLFUgHM?si=jvRxJIH-7tqFC7Sk

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Funny that! They say om the media that more people are regretting Brexit. That is a fallacy! Many of those who voted remain now regret it - see: https://youtu.be/llAnoLFUgHM?si=jvRxJIH-7tqFC7Sk

Ireland didn't vote about Brexit. Why on earth would they? Did you vote in the recent Irish referendum?

Those protestors aren't worried about Europeans.

4. Likes Hamble, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    The only thing wrong with that, is that it is wrong.

In overall terms have a look at this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potent...of%20remaining.

So in about 60 polls over 3 years only 2 in favour of leave.

Then there's Yougov

The number of leave voters regretting their decision , net of remain, would be enough to move the vote to remain.

I have never met any Remain voters who now believe it was right to leave.

With regard to Ireland, the irony of the Irish people resisting immigrants is delicious. It's no surprise though, that there is space for right-wing politicians to exploit it. Even including the literally swivel-eyed guy who appears in the video spewing the familiar stuff about "puppets" and an elite.

BYW at the last poll 88% of Irish people supported remaining in the EU.
    Last edited by bensherman; 18/03/2024 at 04:54 PM.

6. Likes silver fox, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post
    The only thing wrong with that, is that it is wrong.

In overall terms have a look at this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potent...of%20remaining.

So in about 60 polls over 3 years only 2 in favour of leave.

Then there's Yougov

The number of leave voters regretting their decision , net of remain, would be enough to move the vote to remain.

I have never met any Remain voters who now believe it was right to leave.

With regard to Ireland, the irony of the Irish people resisting immigrants is delicious. It's no surprise though, that there is space for right-wing politicians to exploit it. Even including the literally swivel-eyed guy who appears in the video spewing the familiar stuff about "puppets" and an elite.

BYW at the last poll 88% of Irish people supported remaining in the EU.
    That is not what I have heard from my relatives - you are claiming that 88% would prefer to pay higher prices for their goods and that a large number of them would prefer not to want to work? That alone does not sound right.

Likes / Dislikes
    Yet, our mighty new leader in waiting the liar Lord Starmer and his party clearly haven't been surveyed as they said they see no case for entering the EU just a few months ago.

Surely no one's saying Starmers lying are they, damn heretics.

It's about time these polling companies got out more

So all those disgruntled Brexit voters must be Tories, Lib Dems and that dodgy reform party

Likes / Dislikes
    That is not what I have heard from my relatives - you are claiming that 88% would prefer to pay higher prices for their goods and that a large number of them would prefer not to want to work? That alone does not sound right.
    So your family are like you.

Perhaps you didn't get the 88% figure; that means 12% don't support the EU. They must be among those.

What's interesting is how support for the EU has held across the major EU members, despite the attempts by Farage's peers to blame the recent tough economic times on the EU.

As far as higher food prices are concerned, having shopped for food in both France and NL in the last year, I can assure you that in both countries food was cheaper, than here as was eating out. You comment about not working baffles me.

That survey also showed support for the EU in NI now to be at 79%. Which points out another obstacle to eventual reunion, which is that the DUP insists on Brexit, despite it having very little support for that policy in the country.

Likes / Dislikes
    "I have never met any Remain voters who now believe it was right to leave."

You need to get out more!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatrics View Post
    "I have never met any Remain voters who now believe it was right to leave."

You need to get out more!
    Whatever their previous thinking, I don’t know anyone happy with the leave vote or the outcome.

12. Likes Toodles McGinty, The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    If we are honest no one has got what they wanted were still hamstrung with EU dregs, the outlook though is fantastic, the much maligned sovereignty is not to be thrown away again.

The time and money wasted by the anti-democracy mob is a stain on our country and to think our next leader could well be politics biggest liar Sir Beir Starmer who has gone from wanting to destroy peoples votes and overturn a democratic decision to now seeing no case for EU membership because that's where the votes are.

He knows it otherwise he would flip like a demented frog again.

Forget the dog whistle polls for remoaner fools.

We really will be in the sewers of politics should he end up in Downing Street.

Likes / Dislikes
    I almost feel sorry for you.

But not quite.

Ignoring your non-funny "liar" epithet, if Starmer wanted to scoop votes he would be, right now, talking about ( at least) a referendum to return.

Out of 60 polls in the last two years all but 2 showed a desire to rejoin. Something like 18m people.

If he was the cynic you suggest, that's what he would do. And I wish he had.

15. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Name:  stopTheTories.png
Views: 0
Size:  6.0 KB

General FAQs

How does tactical voting work?
    If there is a Tory MP or councillor in your area, the best way to get them out is for as many people as possible to vote for the most likely opposition party to be able to beat them.
    In many places the numbers needed to flip a Tory held seat are small.
    So tell a friend, and share this website (and poster) in your local community!

Tactical voting sucks!
    Yes, we agree!
    Ideally our system of elections would be fairer, counting all votes equally, measuring votes proportionally.
    Which is why we're supporters of Proportional Representation, which would almost remove the need for voting tactically.
    Not only would it make government more representative, people voting with their ideals, goals, and their hearts... it would also make it much harder to game our elections.
    We're members of the Make Votes Matter Alliance, along with a huge number of other organisations.

Missing elections
    We're aiming to cover all elections of MPs to the houses of parliament (including by-elections), and the annual local elections - but we don't have the capacity to cover all local council by-elections.
    If we're missing information about an election, please let us know using the Google form below - include the name of the area, your postcode, and any links about the election.
    If you don't have an election at the moment, you can still share the site with people you know who live elsewhere in the country, and you can sign up for alerts for information about future elections - there's plenty to get involved in!

Have some info we need to know?
    Sometimes there's something we missed - if you can link us to information we should take into account, please let us know.

Fill in this Google form with the info you have.

We can't reply to everything, but all info will be taken into consideration. Thanks!

Who operates this website
    This is a new project by Forward Democracy, and was started in 2023.
    Forward Democracy also run The Movement Forward and Swap My Vote.
    We're a group of so-far unpaid volunteers (with the exception of modest crowdfunding) who have been working on democracy projects since at least 2015. Individually much longer.
    We are not affiliated with any political party, or financed by them.

Do you favour one party over another?
    No, we recommend whichever progressive party we believe is most likely to beat the Tories in each area.

How you can support this project
    This is first run of this platform, which we plan to use to mobilise voters at all upcoming elections.
    We aim to continue the development of this platform and support campaigns to help people show up and own their future!
    You can donate to our Crowdfunder, or get in touch to talk about larger or ongoing support.

Local Council Elections FAQs

Target councils
    In the May 2023 Local Elections, this website was prioritising flipping Tory led councils to progressive councillors.
    There were over 60 councils the Tories were leading, where progressive voters had a good chance of winning by tactically voting for the most likely opposition party to win in each ward.
    There were around 45 others where it looked harder to flip, but a higher turnout could've made the difference.
    Many wards could've changed with only a handful more votes.

How we're working out the recommendations
    This described how we worked out our recommendations for the May 2023 Local Elections:
    In every ward we've worked out which opposition party's candidate has the best chance of winning by looking back at the votes from the previous elections.
    We average the votes for each party across all their candidates in the ward, and in Tory wards use this to work out which progressive opposition parties came second, third, fourth, etc.
    We then recommend those parties to get behind.
    If the party we recommend isn't standing enough candidates in a ward, then we recommend the next party for the next seat. And continue to do that until we have recommendations for all seats in a ward.
    This can mean that we recommend candidates from multiple parties in a single ward.
    Or in some circumstances that we can only offer recommendations for one or two seats, if there aren't enough opposition candidates from all parties standing in that ward.
    If it's unclear which progressive party is best placed to beat the Tories (ie. multiple parties performed similarly at the last election) then the ward is too close to call and we don't make a recommendation.

Independent candidates
    There's more opportunity for candidates not associated with a major political party to run for election in local elections.
    They cover a broad political spectrum, and there are potentially thousands of them.
    For this reason it's very hard to know much about their politics, and so we made the decision to only make recommendations for candidates from Labour, the Liberal Democrats, and The Green Party.
    If an independent candidate is standing or is incumbent in a seat, we encourage you to find out what you can about them before committing to your vote.

Wards without recommendations
    In some cases ward names or boundaries change, meaning there's no historic voting data for us to use.
    In priority cases we try to calculate a recommendation manually if there is a clear progressive vote in the previous shape of ward.
    In wards where the Tories were a distant 3rd place (or worse) at the previous election, we also don't make a recommendation. It's probably not necessary to vote tactically in these wards - so vote for your preferred progressive candidate!

© 2023 Forward Democracy Limited

Stop The Tories .Vote

17. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I am heartily sick of those here who give us all this tosh about "the failing EU" and how we are somehow poised to reap some harvest from being isolated.

Read this and shut up

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ks-inescapable

It has been calculated that the total benefit of the trade deals made so far will be 50p per family.

Miniscule compared to what we have lost.

Not to mention the £300 per month per household where there is a mortgage arising from the utterly disastrous Truss/Kwarteng episode.

How you can even attempt to argue beats me.

19. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I almost feel sorry for you.

But not quite.

Ignoring your non-funny "liar" epithet, if Starmer wanted to scoop votes he would be, right now, talking about ( at least) a referendum to return.

Out of 60 polls in the last two years all but 2 showed a desire to rejoin. Something like 18m people.

If he was the cynic you suggest, that's what he would do. And I wish he had.

It's not supposed to be funny Rodders it's the unfortunate truth.
    I can and have time after time carefully quoted all manner of people on the left who agree with me he is a liar.

You cannot deny he has gone from chief cheerleader for the vote destroyers who wanted to overturn the outcome of the democratic vote for Brexit to now saying there is no that's no case for entering the EU.

That's not a reduction or a question of timing it's a full screeching U-Turn and it's a lie.

Sorry you can't get your head around it.

Likes / Dislikes
    Oh I have my head around it.

In 2017 we passed the Withdrawal Act, which fulfilled the obligation of parliament to leave the EU.It was voted for by all parties.

The referendum gave no guidance as to How,which is what parliament then spent two years arguing about. At no point, however much they hated it, NO ONE proposed ignoring the vote.

It would have been settled much earlier if Rees-Mogg and the rest, abetted by Johnson, had endorsed one of the proposed deals.

The opponent of democracy, for his own ends, was Johnson, which was openly demonstrated by his attempt to close down parliament before forcing through the execrable arrangement we have now.

You seem to have great difficulty understanding how our system works

And no, for the nth time, Starmer remains as convinced a remainer as before. It's not as if there had been any bright spots in what has happened since

22. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Oh I have my head around it.

In 2017 we passed the Withdrawal Act, which fulfilled the obligation of parliament to leave the EU.It was voted for by all parties.

The referendum gave no guidance as to How,which is what parliament then spent two years arguing about. At no point, however much they hated it, NO ONE proposed ignoring the vote.

It would have been settled much earlier if Rees-Mogg and the rest, abetted by Johnson, had endorsed one of the proposed deals.

The opponent of democracy, for his own ends, was Johnson, which was openly demonstrated by his attempt to close down parliament before forcing through the execrable arrangement we have now.

You seem to have great difficulty understanding how our system works

And no, for the nth time, Starmer remains as convinced a remainer as before. It's not as if there had been any bright spots in what has happened since

So many times on here I have eviscerated your sketchy understandings of the EU our membership and our leaving.
    I have usually done it with good humour as it is abundantly clear you struggle with the subject.

Even now you have enormous gaps in your knowledge it seems all that debate, all that media coverage even direct leafleting failed to help.

It is I suppose apt that you continue.

But the funniest thing of all is how you upend your defence of the liar Starmer with another true "Rodney"

So you are convinced Starmer the liar is a remainer who announces he sees no case for EU membership, perfect logic

Classic absolute bloody classic.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations