UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

Thread: Beyond the pale

Likes / Dislikes

Beyond the pale

That has got to be the nastiest attempt to ridicule Britain! The new Nike football strip has a St George Cross on it

"The traditional red cross has now been replaced with a multicoloured cross. While the vertical line remains red, the horizontal line has instead been redesigned with navy blue, light blue and pink."

What are the companies doing? Why are they so keen to lose £millions in profits in an attempt to do away with tradition comics, films, books, beer, etc., It must amount to £billions lost in marketing.

I would like all the woke supporters to wear a yellow uniform - but they would not dare to wear it - because we would all know who the idiots are.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes

Likes / Dislikes
    Oh dear, 30p Lee has rattled a few cages again, hasn't he? Is Brendan Clark-Lose-My-Seat-At-The-Next-Election clinging to relevance?

It never fails to amaze me that the 'anti-woke' mob get so upset over the slightest thing. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Vote with your wallet.

But you were never going to anyway, were you? In fact, I doubt you've the slightest interest in football, never mind the colour of the shirts they'll wear.

Seriously, this red-faced and fyoooming stance every time one of these clowns sees an opportunity to grab a headline cannot be good for your health. Join 'Reform', adorn your house with Eng-er-land flags, get 'I want my country back' tattooed on your neck, cuddle your Farage pillow, and chill.

There's always the Women's Euros in 2025 if you want to follow a decent football team.

5. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Oh dear, 30p Lee has rattled a few cages again, hasn't he? Is Brendan Clark-Lose-My-Seat-At-The-Next-Election clinging to relevance?

It never fails to amaze me that the 'anti-woke' mob get so upset over the slightest thing. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Vote with your wallet.

But you were never going to anyway, were you? In fact, I doubt you've the slightest interest in football, never mind the colour of the shirts they'll wear.

Seriously, this red-faced and fyoooming stance every time one of these clowns sees an opportunity to grab a headline cannot be good for your health. Join 'Reform', adorn your house with Eng-er-land flags, get 'I want my country back' tattooed on your neck, cuddle your Farage pillow, and chill.

There's always the Women's Euros in 2025 if you want to follow a decent football team.
    Now that is beyond the pale, WOMEN playing football!

7. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Is this beyond the bucket PAIL

or beyond the washed out colour PALE

If it is beyond the Bucket I don't want to kick it on the way past

or if it is bright and cheerful and not a washed out colour then I am up for that.

9. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Man screaming “Go Woke Go Broke!” at Nike seemingly unaware he is a penniless bigot

https://newsthump.com/2024/03/21/man...nniless-bigot/

11. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Is this beyond the bucket PAIL

or beyond the washed out colour PALE

If it is beyond the Bucket I don't want to kick it on the way past

or if it is bright and cheerful and not a washed out colour then I am up for that.
    I did not know - so I looked it up. It appears to have been a 13th century thing in Ireland. 'Beyond The Pale' describes those people who lived outside the parts of Ireland, e.g. Meath, Louth, Kildare and Dublin in the East of Ireland, that were controlled by the British. Those areas were known as the Pale. The word was derived from the Latin word 'palus' meaning 'stake'. There was a ditch all along its borders to keep intruders out. Within the borders the English forbade inter - marriage between native Irish people and English settlers, also the Irish language was forbidden. The Pale disappeared in the 15th century.

13. Likes Hector liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    Man screaming “Go Woke Go Broke!” at Nike seemingly unaware he is a penniless bigot

https://newsthump.com/2024/03/21/man...nniless-bigot/
    It may be that he is broke anyway but it has been shown that any woke films, woke comics, etc., see a huge drop in sales. Budweiser changed their advertising to woke advertising and it lost 28% of it's sales.

"But its recovery efforts - including an advertising blitz and support for stores and distributors - weighed heavily on the firm's core profits in the US, which dropped more than 28% in the quarter due to the public boycott BBC News

Other mighty companies have also suffered - Ben and Jerry's, Disney, Levi, Target etc., There has been a huge backlash with protest held all over the world. No-one is interested in woke ideals being stuffed down one's throat - as one person puts it -

The minute I hear "diversity, equity, and inclusion" I know everything that follows is utter vomit.

Likes / Dislikes
    ‘Nike says the shirt, launched ahead of Euro 2024, includes a "playful update" to the cross "to unite and inspire".
    The US firm (Nike) said the colours were inspired by the training kit worn by England's 1966 World Cup winners.’
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68632034

So why the woke rant? How has the England 66 squad got any connection to being woke?

I suspect it’s more a case of this…

Name:  IMG_5246.jpeg
Views: 0
Size:  127.2 KB

It’s a shame you don’t show the same outrage at the use of the National flag as a symbol that’s been widely adopted by extreme far right groups, such as Britain First and the English Defence League. This is far more toxic and dangerous than your imaginary threat of wokeness.
    Last edited by donkey22; 22/03/2024 at 02:41 AM.

Likes / Dislikes
    "The minute I hear "diversity, equity, and inclusion" I know everything that follows is utter vomit."

Spot on although you forgot Virtue signalling.

Likes / Dislikes
    I suspect it’s more a case of this…

Name:  IMG_5246.jpeg
Views: 0
Size:  127.2 KB

Look, it's either FWD or RWD. That's the only two options. If I can't classify you, then how will I know how to interact with you? ibRAD
    Definition of Woke:

adjective
    1. having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those involving the treatment of ethnic, racial, or sexual minorities: In light of incidents of police brutality, it’s important to stay woke as opposed to being intelligent.

1. He took one African American history class and now he thinks he’s woke. Action is proof - words can lie.
    2. This generation of kids is trying to make woke choices in life, because they are susceptible to suggestion.
    3. Disparaging. as used by political opponents, of or relating to a liberal progressive orthodoxy.

How can anyone profess to be aware of injustices and prejudices of minority groups unless they mix freely and understand such people? More virtue signalling perhaps?

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations