UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Sounds like you're really just cheezed-off, every time someone on a bike sneaks through, whilst you're stuck in a queue of cars going nowhere, lol!
    Not really it’s rare that I get stuck in traffic and if a bicycle passes me at the lights ( that I tend to stop at ) I usually pass them within a couple of mins anyway so no I never get stressed on the road in the dry and warm or with the air con on with all my shopping. However I do tend to say to myself quietly “phh look at that- unbelievable what a nob” while using swear words out of punctuation rather than anger, no different from anyone else really.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    Not really it’s rare that I get stuck in traffic and if a bicycle passes me at the lights ( that I tend to stop at ) I usually pass them within a couple of mins anyway so no I never get stressed on the road in the dry and warm or with the air con on with all my shopping. However I do tend to say to myself quietly “phh look at that- unbelievable what a nob” while using swear words out of punctuation rather than anger, no different from anyone else really.
    Rarely stuck in traffic? Sounds too good to be true.....I take it you never use Meols Cop Rd, Norwood Rd, or Ash St, or Lord St, or the Prom, or get stuck in Churchtown, or at half a dozen other local traffic blackspots?

None of which phase a bike, that filtering through to the front, gets ahead of the rest every time.....I even challenged Stu a few years ago, to see who would be the quickest door-to-door. On a car v bike basis, from Roe Lane lights to making it in person to a shop on Chapel St. For some reason, he would never take me up on it, lol!
    Last edited by The PNP; 06/04/2024 at 07:49 AM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Rarely stuck in traffic? Sounds too good to be true.....I take it you never use Meols Cop Rd, Norwood Rd, or Ash St, or Lord St, or the Prom, or get stuck in Churchtown, or at half a dozen other local traffic blackspots?

None of which phase a bike, that filtering through to the front, gets ahead of the rest every time.....I even challenged Stu a few years ago, to see who would be the quickest door-to-door. On a car v bike basis, from Roe Lane lights to making it in person to any shop on Chapel St. For some reason, he would never take me up on it, lol!
    These are not major traffic jam hot spots at all and soon get moving even on busy days or school times and rush hours and he would have easily beat you to Houghton st chapel street junction if you stopped at lights aswell ( and even if you didn’t ) but not to primark cos as you know cars can’t drive down there that’s why he couldn’t indulge your fixed bet.
    I go riding around the roads you mentioned just for fun out of boredom and the love of driving most days.
    I think a car would beat you from meols cop school to the duke st end of Lord st or to let’s say … Manchester and back in the snow or heavy rain with 10 bags of shopping easy.

Likes / Dislikes
    Why not put them through a 'physical', to see who's who? Pound to a penny, the cyclists will mainly appear in the fittest top fifty percentile!

So who's smarter? The ones who keep fit and live longer as a result. Or the ones who use a motorised contraption, to carry their lazy fat ar$es everywhere!
    In case you haven't noticed, some of the fittest people in the country, such as professional footballers and other sports stars, pass away at an earlier age than many of those you disparage as being unfit...

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartli View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, some of the fittest people in the country, such as professional footballers and other sports stars, pass away at an earlier age than many of those you disparage as being unfit...
    I reckon I could easily beat him to the train station from Roe lane without speeding around noon if he stopped at the lights properly, ( or even if he didn’t ). Many healthy people that don’t even get lung disorders from sitting around woodstoves die instantly of heart attacks from your average jogger to football stars to people that race cars on bicycles .

Likes / Dislikes
    I reckon I could easily beat him to the train station from Roe lane without speeding around noon if he stopped at the lights properly, ( or even if he didn’t ). Many healthy people that don’t even get lung disorders from sitting around woodstoves die instantly of heart attacks from your average jogger to football stars to people that race cars on bicycles .
    Don't forget, the challenge is door-to-door. Which includes the time taken to legally park and lock the bike or car being used.

It was from Norwood Ave lights on Roe Lane, to being being first to arrive at the front entrance of River Island, on Chapel St.....Btw, I'm still open to the challenge and will beat anyone in a car over that course. Point being, that a bike is often the quickest and most practical way, to go from A to B for short trips.
    Last edited by The PNP; 06/04/2024 at 07:57 AM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartli View Post
    Probably due to their ridiculous 'George Best' lifestyles, i.e. too much booze and women, lol!
    Last edited by The PNP; 06/04/2024 at 07:57 AM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Probably due to their ridiculous 'George Best' lifestyles, i.e. too much booze and women, lol!
    Yet again you come up with an inane, crass statement.

You merely demonstrate that you are incapable of other than generalised, applicable to all whether fact or fiction, comments.

Bit like your generalisation that virtually all four-wheel drivers are drunk, speed exceeding, self-interested individuals without a care in the world for other road users....

10. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Don't forget, the challenge is door-to-door. Which includes the time taken to legally park and lock the bike or car being used.

It was from Norwood Ave lights on Roe Lane, to being being first to arrive at the front entrance of River Island, on Chapel St.....Btw, I'm still open to the challenge and will beat anyone in a car over that course. Point being, that a bike is often the quickest and most practical way, to go from A to B for short trips.
    Oh so you are getting a bit FLUSTERED now, at first it was ANY shop and now it’s the middle where you know folk can’t park especially on Houghton st cos of bike lanes taking up the old spaces. ( this is the closest you have got to admitting this ) I haven’t walked down chapel st for the last 5 yrs so including a pedestrian area is a bit bias as a disabled person might not be able to walk that far and that’s another reason for cars and nearby Houghton st parking that’s been taken by unused lanes.
    Your race isn’t taking into account any disabilities, wheelchair users or people that can’t run down pedestrian areas with oxygen bottles so I propose a race ( within the speed limits and stopping at lights ) to CEX or the old Wilkinson in the train station or even where you enter the platform. After all that falls within the original challenge of ANY shop and not the revised bias new challenge when you realise that you will easily lose the original one.
    You could even make it from meols cop station lights to there as in from one station to another .
    Stu may not be personally fit enough and I am not really and even tho the parking may be more of a challenge than the distance I’ll bite if you want to do it tomorrow ( Sunday ) morning at 10 am .

Likes / Dislikes
    Oh so you are getting a bit FLUSTERED now, at first it was ANY shop and now it’s the middle where you know folk can’t park especially on Houghton st cos of bike lanes taking up the old spaces. ( this is the closest you have got to admitting this ) I haven’t walked down chapel st for the last 5 yrs so including a pedestrian area is a bit bias as a disabled person might not be able to walk that far and that’s another reason for cars and nearby Houghton st parking that’s been taken by unused lanes.
    Your race isn’t taking into account any disabilities, wheelchair users or people that can’t run down pedestrian areas with oxygen bottles so I propose a race ( within the speed limits and stopping at lights ) to CEX or the old Wilkinson in the train station or even where you enter the platform. After all that falls within the original challenge of ANY shop and not the revised bias new challenge when you realise that you will easily lose the original one.
    You could even make it from meols cop station lights to there as in from one station to another .
    Stu may not be personally fit enough and I am not really and even tho the parking may be more of a challenge than the distance I’ll bite if you want to do it tomorrow ( Sunday ) morning at 10 am .
    Cool, I look forwards to it some time. But how can I count on you actually being there tomorrow?

Btw, I see you're getting my point, that door-to-door trips aren't all about straight-line speed. My point being, by the time the average person has tooled-about hunting for a parking space, put a P & D ticket in on the dash and walked back to the shop - the bike will already have arrived!
    Last edited by The PNP; 06/04/2024 at 06:14 PM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    He's making it easy for you with River Island, it is the second shop on Chapel Street and there's disabled parking less than 20 yards away, probably easier than CEX or the old Wilko shops.

14. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    He's making it easy for you with River Island, it is the second shop on Chapel Street and there's disabled parking less than 20 yards away, probably easier than CEX or the old Wilko shops.
    True....We also need someone to keep an eye on Mick, to ensure he stay within the rules.
    I.e., makes no illegal moves, like exceeding the 20mph limit along Hoghton St.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    I know.. I worked that out today when I did the run 3 times at the correct speed and found parking everytime and no traffic lights held me back. So I reckon even if the 3 parking bays are taken on London st or the 2 on Houghton st I could park over the start of the cycle lane outside the EDGE where the lines are broken.
    All in all I don’t think he could do the run quicker than I did today unless bikes can go faster than 20mph constantly .

Likes / Dislikes
    I know.. I worked that out today when I did the run 3 times at the correct speed and found parking everytime and no traffic lights held me back. So I reckon even if the 3 parking bays are taken on London st or the 2 on Houghton st I could park over the start of the cycle lane outside the EDGE where the lines are broken.
    All in all I don’t think he could do the run quicker than I did today unless bikes can go faster than 20mph constantly .
    No, I probably couldn't do the run much faster, even on a good day.....But this is not about 'the run', it's about door-to-door transport, based on the average motorist who shops in town and lives out Norwood way. The point being, to demonstrate a trip in by bike delivers you to your destination as quickly, if not quicker than a car - which it is.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    True....We also need someone to keep an eye on Mick, to ensure he stay within the rules.
    I.e., makes no illegal moves, like exceeding the 20mph limit along Hoghton St.
    I can meet you anytime tomorrow afternoon after 5 pm or early morning if I must get up early phh, and who is to say you won’t go over 20 mph or through red lights, and who says the route you must take? When did that become a rule? The average person or local might go any way they choose or park where they like . And why would I cheat?

From Norwood rd / Roe lane lights to river island it is then first one to the door, no speeding no red light running only these rules unless you want to make some more up.
    If you are so sure you will win fairly you can bet £50 if you like to a charity of the choice of Q voters . Maybe you can get an admin to follow on or sit in with me I don’t mind.
    I already know how long it will take me .. do you?
    I don’t mind losing or being wrong or losing £50 to a good cause or even getting you to send £50, I get little excitement and don’t normally gamble so it might be a nice change.
    I think early morning would be better for me but I am getting fat and lazy with being a motorist even so I think I could win this in my sleep, even if you do get your mates to take up the disabled bays .
    I don’t need to cheat because if I lose I can handle losing.
    Let me know what time to be there …and bring £50

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations