UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

1. Ric says:04/04/2024 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    The normal reply from the Police is that it is a parking issue therefore it is the Local Authorities jurisdiction.
    Lol, he was waiting to collect a car so couldn't go anywhere to avoid answering. He did say that where a cycle track is separated from the road by a verge or kerb cyclists must remain on the side designated for cyclists. Fair play to him he did check his highway code book when I said someone keeps spouting that if a cyclist can go above a certain speed they don't have to use a cycle track.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

Your Comments:

3. MICK/GILLY says:04/04/2024 03:52 PM
    The normal reply from the Police is that it is a parking issue therefore it is the Local Authorities jurisdiction.
    And the local authority know it’s not illegal to park there (HC rule 140 UNAVOIDABLE ) that’s why nobody is bothered and that’s what frustrates the PNP so much he has to wait a week for someone’s tax to run out and rat on them (the day it runs out) for breaking down and taking the vehicle off the main rd onto an unused cycle lane for safety. Probably reported on April 1st and ticketed the first day back to work. Sad prick. And as for the police visiting the car showroom asking them to move vehicles that’s just fantasy as described or just lies again as cars are still parked all along both sides. And if the police told him they had looked into it it’s because HE was the one that called them AGAIN but to no avail as today there are as many cars parked on the lanes as always.
    He gives himself away in so many ways even saying well I don’t go that way much but the truth is he goes that way all the time as thread after thread it’s him moaning about parking on these lanes and grassing up folk to authorities that just don’t care.
    Last edited by MICK/GILLY; 04/04/2024 at 04:18 PM.

4. Likes Ric liked this post
  5. MICK/GILLY says:04/04/2024 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Lol, he was waiting to collect a car so couldn't go anywhere to avoid answering. He did say that where a cycle track is separated from the road by a verge or kerb cyclists must remain on the side designated for cyclists. Fair play to him he did check his highway code book when I said someone keeps spouting that if a cyclist can go above a certain speed they don't have to use a cycle track.
    Nobody has to use a cycle lane and that’s why they don’t, then they cry when they get injured or killed . It is what it is I suppose .

6. MICK/GILLY says:04/04/2024 04:10 PM
    Read your Highway Code rule 240

?240
    You MUST NOT stop or park on

the carriageway, an emergency area or a hard shoulder of a motorway except in an emergency (see Rules 270 and 271)
    a pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zig-zag lines (see Rule 191)
    a clearway (download ‘Traffic signs’)
    taxi bays as indicated by upright signs and markings
    an Urban Clearway within its hours of operation, except to pick up or set down passengers
    a road marked with double white lines, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers, or to load or unload goods
    a tram or cycle lane during its period of operation
    a cycle track
    red lines, in the case of specially designated ‘red routes’, unless otherwise indicated by signs. Any vehicle may enter a bus lane to stop, load or unload where this is not prohibited (see Rule 141).
    Laws MT(E&W)R regs 7 & 9, MT(S)R regs 6 & 8, ZPPPCRGD regs 18 & 20, RTRA sects 5, 6 & 8, TSRGD regs 10, 26 & 27, RTA 1988 sects 21(1) & 36

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/parking.html
    You should read rule 140
    Highway Code Rule 140
    Do not drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a broken white line UNLESS IT US UNAVOIDABLE .
    You MUST NOT park in any cycle lane whilst waiting restrictions apply.
    https://highwaycode.org.uk › high...
    Highway Code 2024 | New Official Rules and Changes.

I reckon it was unavoidable if he has only got 3 wheels on his wagon And there is No white lines only dropped curbs for drivers to drive over ..

You should read stuff properly before posting to suit your agenda .

7. The PNP says:04/04/2024 05:22 PM
    Depends....

If a vehicle is reported as 'causing an obstruction' (even on a bikepath/lane) the Police will come

8. gazaprop says:04/04/2024 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Depends....

If a vehicle is reported as 'causing an obstruction' (even on a bikepath/lane) the Police will come
    Nearly hurt myself laughing at this!
    You're doing well if the Police attend a burglary site never mind an incident of questionable parking.

9. MICK/GILLY says:04/04/2024 07:23 PM
    Depends....

So which vehicle did you report the hundred on that side or the hundred on the other or all of them half on the bike lane and half on the pavement cos no one cares.

If it’s unavoidable it’s no problem and the police haven’t come yet for this or anything else, it’s the environmental services and they haven’t put that ticket on because it’s an obstruction or parked on a cycle lane they have put it on because you have reported it as not taxed and abandoned on the day the tax ran out no doubt. It’s probably not even been reported to the dvla yet .
    You really are a right one .
    Like I said it’s got NOTHING to do with it being on a cycle lane, i bet you wet yourself with joy on Monday when it finally became untaxed and couldn’t get your phone out quick enough to report it, you sad wad .

10. The PNP says:04/04/2024 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    So which vehicle did you report the hundred on that side or the hundred on the other or all of them half on the bike lane and half on the pavement cos no one cares.

If it’s unavoidable it’s no problem and the police haven’t come yet for this or anything else, it’s the environmental services and they haven’t put that ticket on because it’s an obstruction or parked on a cycle lane they have put it on because you have reported it as not taxed and abandoned on the day the tax ran out no doubt. It’s probably not even been reported to the dvla yet .
    You really are a right one .
    Like I said it’s got NOTHING to do with it being on a cycle lane, i bet you wet yourself with joy on Monday when it finally became untaxed and couldn’t get your phone out quick enough to report it, you sad wad .
    Why would the Police come, unless somebody's reported it to them?

11. MICK/GILLY says:04/04/2024 08:19 PM
    Why would the Police come, unless somebody's reported it to them?
    Someone like you yer mean. Like I said above. It didn’t work tho did it no police came, all that happened is once again people are laughing at your comments and now pretence. It’s not causing an obstruction as no one uses the lanes anyway so reporting it backfired on you didn’t it. Because only you care enough to report it and only worth reporting the moment the tax ran out.
    I hope the folks that own it and have parked it come back for it within 7 days. They might even have been on a day out from far away for all you care .

12. The PNP says:04/04/2024 09:15 PM
    Someone like you yer mean. Like I said above. It didn’t work tho did it no police came, all that happened is once again people are laughing at your comments and now pretence. It’s not causing an obstruction as no one uses the lanes anyway so reporting it backfired on you didn’t it. Because only you care enough to report it and only worth reporting the moment the tax ran out.
    I hope the folks that own it and have parked it come back for it within 7 days. They might even have been on a day out from far away for all you care .
    I didn't even know it was there until I saw this article, so why/how could I have reported it?

And in any case, I have far more productive things to do with my time, than spend every day of my life riding up and down Southport Rd like a fool, taking reg numbers and keeping a hotline open to the local Copshop - duh!

13. MICK/GILLY says:04/04/2024 09:39 PM
    Like I said pretence .

14. Alikado says:05/04/2024 03:43 PM
    You should read rule 140
    Highway Code Rule 140
    Do not drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a broken white line UNLESS IT US UNAVOIDABLE .
    You MUST NOT park in any cycle lane whilst waiting restrictions apply.
    https://highwaycode.org.uk › high...
    Highway Code 2024 | New Official Rules and Changes.

I reckon it was unavoidable if he has only got 3 wheels on his wagon And there is No white lines only dropped curbs for drivers to drive over ..

You should read stuff properly before posting to suit your agenda .
    The full rule you quoted;-

Cycle lanes and cycle tracks. Cycle lanes are shown by road markings and signs. You MUST NOT drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a solid white line during its times of operation. Do not drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a broken white line unless it is unavoidable. You MUST NOT park in any cycle lane whilst waiting restrictions apply.
    You should give way to any cyclists in a cycle lane, including when they are approaching from behind you – do not cut across them when you are turning or when you are changing lane (see Rule H3). Be prepared to stop and wait for a safe gap in the flow of cyclists before crossing the cycle lane.
    Cycle tracks are routes for cyclists that are physically protected or located away from motor traffic, other than where they cross side roads. Cycle tracks may be shared with pedestrians.
    You should give way to cyclists approaching or using the cycle track when you are turning into or out of a junction (see Rule H3). Be prepared to stop and wait for a safe gap in the flow of cyclists before crossing the cycle track, which may be used by cyclists travelling in both directions.
    Bear in mind that cyclists are not obliged to use cycle lanes or cycle tracks.
    Law RTRA sects 5 & 8

which comes under 'Techniques and advice for all drivers and riders (103 to 158)'

I quoted Highway Code Rule 240 under 'Waiting and parking (rules 238 to 252)'

You MUST NOT stop or park on:

the carriageway or the hard shoulder of a motorway except in an emergency (see Rule 270)
    a pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zig-zag lines (see Rule 191)
    a clearway (see ‘Traffic signs’)
    taxi bays as indicated by upright signs and markings
    an Urban Clearway within its hours of operation, except to pick up or set down passengers (see ‘Traffic signs’)
    a road marked with double white lines, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers, or to load or unload goods
    a tram or cycle lane during its period of operation
    a cycle track
    red lines, in the case of specially designated ‘red routes’, unless otherwise indicated by signs. Any vehicle may enter a bus lane to stop, load or unload where this is not prohibited (see Rule 141).

Laws

The Motorways Traffic (England and Wales) Regulations 1982: Regulations 7 & 9
    The Motorways Traffic (Scotland) Regulations 1995: Regulations 6 & 8
    The Zebra, Pelican and Puffin Pedestrian Crossings Regulations and General Directions 1997: Regulations 18 & 20
    Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984: Sections 5, 6 & 8
    The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002: Regulations 10, 26 & 27
    Road Traffic Act 1988: Sections 21(1) & 36

It was probably unavoidable for the damaged vehicle to park anywhere else but it has been there a while and is parked on a clearly marked cycle path.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.6309...8192?entry=ttu
    Last edited by Alikado; 05/04/2024 at 04:08 PM.

15. MICK/GILLY says:05/04/2024 04:26 PM
    For the purpose of this thread there’s no need for any wording past the word unavoidable.

It obviously was unavoidable and may still be, they have got a few days left to re tax and remove it or it’s towing away will be unavoidable.
    After that no one cares ……like I said no one cares one way or the other as people park all the way along those lanes on both sides and despite claims nothing has or will ever be done about it again because no one cares.
    If they were to stop people/residents/visitors/staff parking over the cycle lanes/pavements they would just park on the carriageway jamming it up and it’s likely that more cars use it for parking than cycles use it for riding on so they should just re name them parking lanes.

16. Alikado says:05/04/2024 04:45 PM
    For the purpose of this thread there’s no need for any wording past the word unavoidable.

It obviously was unavoidable and may still be, they have got a few days left to re tax and remove it or it’s towing away will be unavoidable.
    After that no one cares ……like I said no one cares one way or the other as people park all the way along those lanes on both sides and despite claims nothing has or will ever be done about it again because no one cares.
    If they were to stop people/residents/visitors/staff parking over the cycle lanes/pavements they would just park on the carriageway jamming it up and it’s likely that more cars use it for parking than cycles use it for riding on so they should just re name them parking lanes.
    VED is irrelevant until the DVLA come and clamp it, the Council have responsibility for parking and the police for obstruction, it all comes down to opinions of those involved, how long is a reasonable time to have the vehicle repaired / recovered before it becomes an obstruction or is considered dumped?

17. MICK/GILLY says:05/04/2024 05:27 PM
    VED is irrelevant until the DVLA come and clamp it, the Council have responsibility for parking and the police for obstruction, it all comes down to opinions of those involved, how long is a reasonable time to have the vehicle repaired / recovered before it becomes an obstruction or is considered dumped?
    Why ask it’s 7 days by the time on the ticket, it’s not obstructing anyone, IF anyone riding a bicycle uses those lanes it’s not hard to ride around it and it’s not wrong for it to be there at the moment … it’s unavoidable.
    I wonder will the DVLA come and clamp it after the council have given 7 days for it to be removed .

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations