Name:  meolscop-stab.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  192.6 KB

We have arrested three people in connection to a stabbing in Southport on Friday 29 March.

Just before 8pm, we received a report that a man in his 50s had been assaulted inside a property on Meols Cop Road.

Emergency services attended the scene and the man was taken to hospital with multiple slash wounds. He remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition.

A 17-year-old male from Southport has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a 25-year-old man from Southport has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm. They both remain in police custody.

A 51-year-old woman from Southport has also been arrested on suspicion of section 18 wounding with intent and she has been released on bail.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul McVeigh said: “An investigation into this incident is ongoing and although we have made three arrests, we are still appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

“I would also like to reiterate to the community that we believe this was an isolated incident that took place inside an address in the area.

“I would appeal to anyone who was on Meols Cop Road at around the time of the incident to please get in touch. You may have seen or heard something suspicious which led to this violent incident.

“I would also ask people who were in the area to check their doorbell or CCTV footage just in case they may have captured something which may be vital to the case."

Anyone with information is asked to call 101, DM @MerPolCC or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting reference number 24000296680. Always call 999 if a crime is in progress.

The incident as first report by police ...

We can confirm that emergency services are at an address in Southport after a stabbing last night, Friday 29 March.

Just before 8pm we received a report that a man in his 50s had been assaulted on Meols Cop Road.

The man was taken to hospital with multiple slash wounds after being treated by paramedics and is currently in a critical condition.

Meols Cop Road is currently closed and a police cordon is in place while crime scene investigators carry out forensic examinations at the scene. CCTV and house-to-house inquiries continue to be conducted in the area.

Detective Inspector Gavin Mulcahy said: “An investigation is underway and is in the very early stages as we seek to establish what has happened on Meols Cop Road.

“I would like to reassure residents that at present we believe this was an isolated incident that took place inside an address in the area.

“Our officers remain in the area and are committed to reducing knife crime in Merseyside and removing anyone who stores, carries and uses weapons on our streets.

“I would appeal to anyone who was on Meols Cop Road this evening at around 8pm to please get in touch. You may have seen or heard something suspicious which has led to this violent incident.

“I would also ask people who were in the area to check their doorbell or CCTV footage just in case they may have captured something which may be vital to the case.

“It is vital that people with information, no matter how small, to please contact us as it might be essential to the investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, DM @MerPolCC or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting log 838 of Friday 29 March. Always call 999 if a crime is in progress.