UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Certainly the Israel/Gaza conflict arouses many concerns, but we don't want religious freaks spreading their particular brand of poison into this country, why the hell should this conflict have a bearing on our local elections, the Russian/Ukraine war has much more significance to our country, where are the protesters and supporters?

Agree that it would be much better if people got on with their lives, try telling the likes of Hamas, Hezbollah, Putin, Kim Jong Un and a few others, good luck with that.
    Well, I for one am no 'religious freak' and I've no foot in any particular religious camp. But that doesn't stop me from seeing an injustice, when one is clearly in progress. Which in turn would certainly alienate my support for a Party, if they were on the wrong side in a conflict.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Well, I for one am no 'religious freak' and I've no foot in any particular religious camp. But that doesn't stop me from seeing an injustice, when one is clearly in progress. Which in turn would certainly alienate my support for a Party, if they were on the wrong side in a conflict.
    I never said that you personally are a religious freak, however you can’t condemn Israel, without also condemning Hamas, Hezbollah etc.

As a what if, should for instance Wales become wholly independent from the UK, then began a long catalogue of terrorist actions against England until finally launched an attack where civilians were murdered, tortured and kidnapped, Wales would have very quickly become a smoking hole in the ground, like it or not that would be the reaction.

Obviously this a totally remote hypothetical and unlikely circumstance, but just try to think wider .

As far as the “wrong side” that is very much an opinion, plus of course religion has become a driver in this conflict, that I will not support, whatever the religion.
    Last edited by silver fox; 10/05/2024 at 09:30 AM.

4. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

As a what if, should for instance Wales become wholly independent from the UK, then began a long catalogue of terrorist actions against England until finally launched an attack where civilians were murdered, tortured and kidnapped, Wales would have very quickly become a smoking hole in the ground, like it or not that would be the reaction.

Obviously this a totally remote hypothetical and unlikely circumstance, but just try to think wider .

Some poster (silver fox??) had previously proposed this as an hypothetically analogous situation to that in Palestine. As posted, it fails.

Try this:
    WHAT IF a portion of the Welsh diaspora invaded England, expelled a significant fraction of the population and subjected the rest to decades of privation and harassment?

6. Dislikes Hamble, silver fox disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Would you support terrorists in the UK?

This war is about Palestinian racism against Jewish people living in a land
    they have equal right to belong as non Jews.

Palestine would not even agree to dissagree and accept partition in 1948.

If you had any doubts on 'injustice' you would look at historical and Georaphical history of racism by Muslim States across the World.

If you did not want Hamas to destroy Israel and her peoples of all religions including 2 million Arab Israeli's why persist in fielding Hamas propaganda and lies?

The Palestinian and Israeli peoples have been sucked into horrific patterns of attack and defend with no end in sight unless the terrorsts
    Hamas and PIJ are removed allowing civilised non violent negotiation
    back to the table.

Free the Israeli hostages Palestine.
    Surrender lay down your arms denounce Hamas.

Likes / Dislikes
    On the plus side I don't think Humza Yousef will be joining the Greens.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    Some poster (silver fox??) had previously proposed this as an hypothetically analogous situation to that in Palestine. As posted, it fails.

Try this:
    WHAT IF a portion of the Welsh diaspora invaded England, expelled a significant fraction of the population and subjected the rest to decades of privation and harassment?

That very much depends on who you regard as the invaders, the vast bulk of the British and the French mandated territories were ceded to Arab nations, but they could not permit anyone else to have even a small proportion of the entire territory, even people who were part of the existing population.

Plus of course a sidetrack, our concern must be regarding Islamic influence in our country, am very much of the opinion that anyone migrated to another country to become a citizen of that country must abide by the laws and rules of that country,

As far as religion is concerned, while staying within the law anyone should be free to follow whichever brand of fantasy and fiction they wish, they are not free to impose their brand on others, not free to demand changes to laws and rules to accommodate their brand.

10. Likes Toodles McGinty, Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    That very much depends on who you regard as the invaders, the vast bulk of the British and the French mandated territories were ceded to Arab nations, but they could not permit anyone else to have even a small proportion of the entire territory, even people who were part of the existing population.
    The meaning you intend in this sentence is not altogether clear. For instance, "…mandated territories were ceded to Arab nations"? National boundaries were created with a view to reproducing spheres of influence as it became clear old-style colonial rule had become untenable. The wishes of the Arab population were given negligible weight.

The Jewish State demanded by Zionists necessarily required ethnic cleansing of "the existing" Arab population. Referring as you do to post #78, who were "invaders"? European Jewish immigration into Palestine was NOT the wish of the preexistent Arab population.

Plus of course a sidetrack, our concern must be regarding Islamic influence in our country, am very much of the opinion that anyone migrated to another country to become a citizen of that country must abide by the laws and rules of that country,

— highlighting added
    — a generally accepted principle
    which, however was totally upended by the Zionists' Jewish State!

"Islamic influence in our country" is a peripheral issue. Any supposed threat of Islamization is over-egged by individuals or groups with an agenda which includes generating irrational fears! In relation to Palestine, Islamic influence, Islamization, is a rhetorical straw man in the Q Local Southport forum.

Likes / Dislikes
    The meaning you intend in this sentence is not altogether clear. For instance, "…mandated territories were ceded to Arab nations"? National boundaries were created with a view to reproducing spheres of influence as it became clear old-style colonial rule had become untenable. The wishes of the Arab population were given negligible weight.

The Jewish State demanded by Zionists necessarily required ethnic cleansing of "the existing" Arab population. Referring as you do to post #78, who were "invaders"? European Jewish immigration into Palestine was NOT the wish of the preexistent Arab population.

— a generally accepted principle
    which, however was totally upended by the Zionists' Jewish State!

"Islamic influence in our country" is a peripheral issue. Any supposed threat of Islamization is over-egged by individuals or groups with an agenda which includes generating irrational fears! In relation to Palestine, Islamic influence, Islamization, is a rhetorical straw man in the Q Local Southport forum.

When local councillors are elected on a Gaza ticket, when one of the elected cries out Alluha Akbar or some such to applause, yes there is a problem, sure this wasn’t in our local election, but considerably more relevant than events in the Middle East.

Then we have the demands for aspects of Sharia law in the UK, ignore it as irrelevant if you wish.

13. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    When local councillors are elected on a Gaza ticket, when one of the elected cries out Alluha Akbar or some such to applause, yes there is a problem, sure this wasn’t in our local election, but considerably more relevant than events in the Middle East.

Then we have the demands for aspects of Sharia law in the UK, ignore it as irrelevant if you wish.

I note, silver fox, that you decline to address the first paragraphs of my previous post.

What we had in the recent local elections is pretty much 'politics as usual' insofar as local governance is superseded by "contentious issues du jour" — in this instance disaffection with Keir Starmer's bungling of a 'progressive' and/or peaceniks' expectations. This thread's title smears the Green party in view of its being one of several recipients of protest votes. "Alluha Akbar" from a newly elected Green Councillor is a quirk of our inadequate electoral arrangements.

What is more, making emotional issues for a segment of the UK's Muslim voters into causes célèbres in the forum is precisely the "rhetorical straw man" of my previous post. Finally, an implication that Muslims vote as a block (more than others) is probably a tad racist!

Likes / Dislikes

I note, silver fox, that you decline to address the first paragraphs of my previous post.

What we had in the recent local elections is pretty much 'politics as usual' insofar as local governance is superseded by "contentious issues du jour" — in this instance disaffection with Keir Starmer's bungling of a 'progressive' and/or peaceniks' expectations. This thread's title smears the Green party in view of its being one of several recipients of protest votes. "Alluha Akbar" from a newly elected Green Councillor is a quirk of our inadequate electoral arrangements.

What is more, making emotional issues for a segment of the UK's Muslim voters into causes célèbres in the forum is precisely the "rhetorical straw man" of my previous post. Finally, an implication that Muslims vote as a block (more than others) is probably a tad racist!

It’s simple enough the previous mandated territories have become Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, the Jewish people were granted Israel, the Arab/Muslim nations were granted the rest, I think the smallest population got the smallest territory, but of course that wasn’t enough for the Arab/Muslim nations.

Never said that Muslims vote as a block, but there is clear influence there, I know that my stance will never go well with your anti Israel opinion, but let’s say we have quite a difference of opinion.

16. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Finally, an implication that Muslims vote as a block (more than others) is probably a tad racist!
    Firstly, which race?

Secondly:

Analysis from Sky News shows that areas with a Muslim population below 5% saw the Labour Party's vote share increase by 1.1 percentage points. But areas with a Muslim population above 20% saw Sir Keir Starmer's party lose 17.9 points from their vote share.

Those figures suggest there is an influence on voting from the population of an area. Less influence, more likelihood of voting as individuals. That's exactly how Galloway returned to the Commons. Plus the '18 demands' from an organisation that actually calls itself 'The Muslim Vote', would suggest block voting.

As for racism, I'd suggest that Starmer trying to rid Labour of antisemitism has lost Muslim votes. That and apparently saying 'Israel has a right to defend itself' and asking for a ceasefire rather than demanding Israel be wiped off the map has lost not only the Muslim vote, but the extreme left lunatics of Momentum.

Oh well. I'd have suggested maybe moving to Scotland, but now Humza has gone there's not much point. They'll get no change out of the Tories and their leader. So I guess the least ridiculous choice is the Greens. Half of whom would be hurled from a tall building should they poke a toe into a Sharia run place like Palestine. But those leopards would never eat fellow Green faces, would they?

18. Likes Hamble, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Firstly, which race?

Secondly:

Analysis from Sky News shows that areas with a Muslim population below 5% saw the Labour Party's vote share increase by 1.1 percentage points. But areas with a Muslim population above 20% saw Sir Keir Starmer's party lose 17.9 points from their vote share.

Those figures suggest there is an influence on voting from the population of an area. Less influence, more likelihood of voting as individuals. That's exactly how Galloway returned to the Commons. Plus the '18 demands' from an organisation that actually calls itself 'The Muslim Vote', would suggest block voting.

As for racism, I'd suggest that Starmer trying to rid Labour of antisemitism has lost Muslim votes. That and apparently saying 'Israel has a right to defend itself' and asking for a ceasefire rather than demanding Israel be wiped off the map has lost not only the Muslim vote, but the extreme left lunatics of Momentum.

Oh well. I'd have suggested maybe moving to Scotland, but now Humza has gone there's not much point. They'll get no change out of the Tories and their leader. So I guess the least ridiculous choice is the Greens. Half of whom would be hurled from a tall building should they poke a toe into a Sharia run place like Palestine. But those leopards would never eat fellow Green faces, would they?
    Ironic that Gaza has not had an election since 2006 the only Jews there are Israeli hostages or dead.

20. Likes Toodles McGinty, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

It’s simple enough the previous mandated territories have become Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, the Jewish people were granted Israel, the Arab/Muslim nations were granted the rest, I think the smallest population got the smallest territory, but of course that wasn’t enough for the Arab/Muslim nations.

Never said that Muslims vote as a block, but there is clear influence there, I know that my stance will never go well with your anti Israel opinion, but let’s say we have quite a difference of opinion.
    — versus a Zionist's view of the matter:
    1920 - Original territory assigned to the Jewish National Home

see: Mandate for Palestine

Likes / Dislikes

Likes / Dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    sGZ's map link source?

Times of Israel Blog by YJ Draiman
    Re: Israel – To whom it may concern

Or this one?

Hamble, you have evidently overlooked the link in my post — Mandate for Palestine — original source Eli E. Hertz

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations