southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Brexit ?

Likes / Dislikes
    Smell the coffee we're leaving.

2. Likes said liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ausard2 View Post
    Smell the coffee we're leaving.

Say that 3 times in front of a mirror and Nigel Farage will appear behind your left shoulder.

Go on, give it a try.

Likes / Dislikes
    Correct me if I am wrong It's cost 70 billion already to paid for by UK citizens what's that around £1000.00 per person .

6. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Likes / Dislikes
    From what I've read ,uk citizens living in Spain (resident ) will loose there entitlement to drive as the UK licence will no longer be effective ,forcing millions to apply for Spanish driving test !

9. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    I don't hold a lot of faith in polls. However, even if I was presented with irrefutable proof that the remain vote would now be the winner, I don't believe that the original result should be overturned. I believe that Brexit must be delivered, but preferably with a withdrawal agreement. Even with a WA, the 2 year transition period would still be a long and bumpy road.
    Now, you'll have to forgive me for not reading through all the hundreds of comments on this, but the problem that I have is this. We were ALL lied to by both sides. Therefore, whatever result, it was never a democratic vote based on actual true facts. And there lies the problem. When politicians lie, democracy dies.

It wasn't like there was a solid mandate or manifesto at all. It was lies on the side of a bus, lies all round, people believing that leaving the EU would stop free movement and limit immigration, neither of which would happen.

Personally, I think it's been the worst thing that's happened in my life time. It's split the country, it's been so divisive, it's increased racial tension and attacks, it's made so many foreigners feel unsafe in the UK, it's crippling our NHS even more because they simply can't attract foreign workers who it has so heavily relied on. And just every day people who wanted to come here and make a good life for themselves and contribute to our society don't feel safe and at home anymore. I hate that. I hate the fact that people feel unsafe in our country and uncertain of their future here.

I would love nothing more than Article 50 to be revoked. As you know, I live in Greece. The falling Pound has impacted on me more than most. Greeks think the UK is now quite a racist country and yet when John fell ill earlier this year and needed serious hospital treatment because we thought he was having a stroke, he received exemplary care, all for free because we were still in the EU and all we needed to show was his passport and his EHIC card.

But that aside, how the hell are you? Hope you are well and feel free to come over to the darkside and say hello from time to time. You are missed. X
    There is a light and it never goes out.

11. Likes N/A, 2STEPS-IN-FRONT liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by caveywavey View Post
    Now, you'll have to forgive me for not reading through all the hundreds of comments on this, but the problem that I have is this. We were ALL lied to by both sides. Therefore, whatever result, it was never a democratic vote based on actual true facts. And there lies the problem. When politicians lie, democracy dies.

It wasn't like there was a solid mandate or manifesto at all. It was lies on the side of a bus, lies all round, people believing that leaving the EU would stop free movement and limit immigration, neither of which would happen.

Personally, I think it's been the worst thing that's happened in my life time. It's split the country, it's been so divisive, it's increased racial tension and attacks, it's made so many foreigners feel unsafe in the UK, it's crippling our NHS even more because they simply can't attract foreign workers who it has so heavily relied on. And just every day people who wanted to come here and make a good life for themselves and contribute to our society don't feel safe and at home anymore. I hate that. I hate the fact that people feel unsafe in our country and uncertain of their future here.

I would love nothing more than Article 50 to be revoked. As you know, I live in Greece. The falling Pound has impacted on me more than most. Greeks think the UK is now quite a racist country and yet when John fell ill earlier this year and needed serious hospital treatment because we thought he was having a stroke, he received exemplary care, all for free because we were still in the EU and all we needed to show was his passport and his EHIC card.

But that aside, how the hell are you? Hope you are well and feel free to come over to the darkside and say hello from time to time. You are missed. X

Of course it was a democratic vote everyone was asked do you want to remain in the EU

two choices YES or NO.

How is that not democratic I knew what I wanted years before the referendum and the bus.

Boris hasn't yet said that should the election not go his way we will have further elections until it does. I suppose the remainers will still want further votes if Duplicitous Jo doesn't get to be Prime Minister which is akin to me swimming the Atlantic or walking to the moon.

Likes / Dislikes

Could you detail the "lies" told by the remain side ?

Then perhaps tell us all of an election where one side didn't accuse the other of untruths.

Oh and as you clearly missed the court case the so called "bus lies" case failed.

Wanting to steal peoples votes is the lowest anyone can sink in a democracy.

Failing to win the intellectual argument yet accepting it is the cornerstone of a sound democracy and a requisite for a decent mature member of a society.

Why Greeks think we are now a racist country because we wish to control our own affairs is perhaps a question they should address with Syriza .

The Greek economy has been ransacked by Germany who make their biggest arms sales in europe to them yet force them to slash pensions and wages.

Perhaps you should look around you according to the EU's own figures

Distrust of the EU was highest in Greece (81%). (we were at 63%)*

*A survey in November 2015, conducted by TNS Opinion and Social on behalf of the European Commission

Likes / Dislikes

Sorry to hear of your partners health worry.
    Hope things are better.

With respect you have the privilege of good and free healthcare in two Countries.

In Greece you are also among a privileged group of migrants not enjoyed by all.

With all the faults and waiting lists in the UK migrants legal and illegal are not discriminated against.

https://www.doctorswithoutborders.or...t-migrants-and

Also have to remember there are 3 million EU migrants in the UK and 1 million Brits throughout Europe.

15. Likes shippy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Labour has pulled their Party Political Broadcast for posing an actress as an nhs nurse.

17. Likes The PNP, shippy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    When is someone going to unveil,

Steptoe posing as a Party leader ?

The Labour Party Christmas special will hopefully be confined to the political skip soon.

At 20-1 for a Labour majority those who disagree with me can get their money down now.

Wave all that wonga at me from your winnings.

Likes / Dislikes
    Sorry to hear about your partner's health problem - it must have caused you some anxiety.

I can understand you being worried about the UK - as you are away from the country, you would not be getting accurate news. The BBC have on numerous occasions been accused of 'false news' - it is, after all funded by the EU, and our own newspapers are condemned regularly by global news agencies for issuing the same inaccuracies.

The public was lied to by politicians when we first joined the EEC - had the truth been known then, there would have been no takers at all. I support Brexit and would prefer to leave without a deal - however, the situation must roll with the dice now. The EU is not the caring, protective body that it purports to be, that is a great misunderstanding. It is a business, like any other, its interests are for profit alone. The only care it has for the people is to ensure that the people deliver what they want them to using the tried and tested carrot and stick methods. They promise people a plethora of 'Workers Rights' that people would have, whether they belonged to the EU or not - even Bosnia has similar employment rights and is not in the EU bloc. While the hidden side of the EU, throws poorer people out of work, and policies of the EU attracts huge corruption in many countries. Under our own law, we are not in the Schengen area, so generally passports are required by all immigrants - however, the UK has agreed with the EU to accept a number of immigrants from areas where Trade deals are signed - this has given rise to criminal gangs smuggling in children and women as sex slaves and smuggling of arms and drugs into the country. Violent crime has increased considerably, particularly against women, and there are now more gun crimes than ever before. People claim that the EU legislation means that we receive high standard goods into the UK. That is a fallacy. The EU has been removing high selling goods from the shelves, on the pretence that they contain chemicals that harm humans, then replacing them with lower standard goods manufactured by a protected company in the EU. These new products cause many allergies among the population showing that the chemicals used are far more damaging than the products we have been using for decades. But as I have said - the EU is a business.Even the food banks that have been introduced for less well off people? This is hugely embarrassing to those who have to use them - having to stand in line to beg for second rate foods, It is not meant for the 'care' of these people, even that is a business. It has created a multi million pound industry in distribution of waste food stocks.
    All this can be confirmed with evidence, the list of reasons for leaving the EU is long, compared to scant evidence for remaining. Yes, there are some downsides, but hopefully they will be balanced by the benefits. The UK is well able to trade and prosper on its own, it did before the EU and it will do after.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Could you detail the "lies" told by the remain side ?

Then perhaps tell us all of an election where one side didn't accuse the other of untruths.

Oh and as you clearly missed the court case the so called "bus lies" case failed.

Wanting to steal peoples votes is the lowest anyone can sink in a democracy.

Failing to win the intellectual argument yet accepting it is the cornerstone of a sound democracy and a requisite for a decent mature member of a society.

Why Greeks think we are now a racist country because we wish to control our own affairs is perhaps a question they should address with Syriza .

The Greek economy has been ransacked by Germany who make their biggest arms sales in europe to them yet force them to slash pensions and wages.

Perhaps you should look around you according to the EU's own figures

Distrust of the EU was highest in Greece (81%). (we were at 63%)*

*A survey in November 2015, conducted by TNS Opinion and Social on behalf of the European Commission
    That's a pretty bizarre analysis of what happened in Greece.

It was probably a big mistake to include it in the euro as its economy was nowhere near fit to belong.

Its productivity was and is very low, and tax evasion was the norm. Yet it tried to fund state salaries and pensions from 50. Unsustainable.

During this time the EU and Germany in particular invested so much in Greece that they could not contemplate its collapse. Or if it had left the euro many billions would have been lost by those investors.

So collectively - and rightly- they told the Greek government it was time to act. Syriza immorally told the Greek people they had a choice , but they didn't . Syriza was elected and then had to accept the reality.

If you had lent someone a lot of money because he said he needed it to fix his house, pay off his debts, and so on, but then he spent it on a holiday, how would you feel? And if you then asked him to make some economies so he could start to repay you, but he said he and his wife had had a chat and decided not to, who would you feel?

The demonisation of the EU in relation to Greece is disgraceful.

21. Likes AdmiralAckbar, The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post
    That's a pretty bizarre analysis of what happened in Greece.

It was probably a big mistake to include it in the euro as its economy was nowhere near fit to belong.

Its productivity was and is very low, and tax evasion was the norm. Yet it tried to fund state salaries and pensions from 50. Unsustainable.

During this time the EU and Germany in particular invested so much in Greece that they could not contemplate its collapse. Or if it had left the euro many billions would have been lost by those investors.

So collectively - and rightly- they told the Greek government it was time to act. Syriza immorally told the Greek people they had a choice , but they didn't . Syriza was elected and then had to accept the reality.

If you had lent someone a lot of money because he said he needed it to fix his house, pay off his debts, and so on, but then he spent it on a holiday, how would you feel? And if you then asked him to make some economies so he could start to repay you, but he said he and his wife had had a chat and decided not to, who would you feel?

The demonisation of the EU in relation to Greece is disgraceful.
    You must know by now, in the minds of fanatical Brexiteers, anything and everything wrong in Europe and particularly the UK, is the fault of the EU.

It's never the failings of whichever national government is involved, when the reality is that in most if not all national problems can be laid squarely at the door of the relevant national government.

The EU is far from perfect, but I don't understand this dogmatic blame game, a lot of people need to look much closer to home if the really wish to see a change for the better.

Having said that I know very well that this is symptomatic of the Tories, only need to look back over government since 2010, during that time the Tories have demonised as responsible for economic problems, single parents, the unemployed, sick and disabled, housing occupation, now the elderly are coming under the microscope, it's always someone else's fault, never Tory incompetence.

Likes / Dislikes
    Greece is feeling the cost of holiday makers healthcare.

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...ird-countries/

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854
30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
127 Wennington Road, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7AH
Our team of Veterinary Surgeons, trainee and qualified Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists aim to provide the highest possible standard of a personal, caring and friendly service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 214460

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)