southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast

Thread: Capitol Chaos

Likes / Dislikes

Capitol Chaos

Watched the unsettling scenes this evening, as hordes of Trumpites swarmed US Capitol in mass demonstration......How does Trump get away with inciting his followers like this - and whose idea was it to protect the building with such a small number of security personnel?
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    I knew that his supporters would protest, but this has gone way beyond that. I'd go as far as saying that it's insurrection. All of the Senate members have had to be locked in the basement. Have you seen what they were doing inside the Capitol building? It must be terrifying. Apparently the National Guard have now been called in.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01...on-dc-protests

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Watched the unsettling scenes this evening, as hordes of Trumpites swarmed US Capitol in mass demonstration......How does Trump get away with inciting his followers like this - and whose idea was it to protect the building with such a small number of security personnel?

Glad I don't live over there, It's going to kick off big time I think. Red neck fruit cakes.

5. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    You must be watching something else to me it's live on Sky News and it's a bunch of cold people milling around with their hands in their pockets.

Trump has asked them to go home.

Compared to many of the protests we have seen lately both here and in America there's certainly not much happening.

Perhaps something else is happening later or elsewhere.

Will they be going on to ransack foot locker later?

There is some very hysterical reporting of scenes that exist mainly in the reporters head.

There are far too many of them not wearing masks.

7. Dislikes Nick2 disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Doesn't say a lot about security when they can just walk in.

Likes / Dislikes
    Trump has turned the country into a joke. The man is a disgrace. America has never been that special. They only show Hollywood or New York or Miami or other wealthy enclaves. Most of it is little better than a third world country. Their cars are on bricks and their homes are on wheels.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    You must be watching something else to me it's live on Sky News and it's a bunch of cold people milling around with their hands in their pockets.

Trump has asked them to go home.

Compared to many of the protests we have seen lately both here and in America there's certainly not much happening.

Perhaps something else is happening later or elsewhere.

Will they be going on to ransack foot locker later?

There is some very hysterical reporting of scenes that exist mainly in the reporters head.

Trump has not asked nor told the idiots to go home, they are there on his instigation, notice no tear gas nor rubber bullets, unlike when the the orange wanted to pose in front of a church holding a bible and those people were doing nothing wrong in any way.

This is down to Trump and all the snivelling, crawling, pathetic lap dogs who have followed his every whim.

So far there is one injury, what happens when security tries to clear the morons?

Try some of the US TV channels, they had cameras inside the building, filming the electoral college count when this kicked off, they are into the floor of the house where politicians had been moments before, they also appear to be trying to gather up paperwork from the desks inside, possibly the dumb schmucks think if they remove the paperwork the vote verification won't happen.

All of this is the aftermath of the lying, cheating, snivelling low life, who somehow became President of the USA.

11. Likes Nick2, donkey22, Little Londoner, DixieRoy, N/A liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    You got that bit right.....the only 'winner' from this super-spreader event will be Covid.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Trump has not asked nor told the idiots to go home, they are there on his instigation, notice no tear gas nor rubber bullets, unlike when the the orange wanted to pose in front of a church holding a bible and those people were doing nothing wrong in any way.

This is down to Trump and all the snivelling, crawling, pathetic lap dogs who have followed his every whim.

So far there is one injury, what happens when security tries to clear the morons?

Try some of the US TV channels, they had cameras inside the building, filming the electoral college count when this kicked off, they are into the floor of the house where politicians had been moments before, they also appear to be trying to gather up paperwork from the desks inside, possibly the dumb schmucks think if they remove the paperwork the vote verification won't happen.

All of this is the aftermath of the lying, cheating, snivelling low life, who somehow became President of the USA.

You do get carried away with your invective don't you ?
    and then you get it wrong (again) I have lost count of the number of times I have corrected you, calm down the orange one is going.

Compared to the riots America has had recently this is definitely no worse.

It is wrong but America has allowed people to riot and damage property for too long.

Donald Trump tells supporters to go home after Capitol stormed by rioters

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...rat-joe-biden/

Likes / Dislikes
    They all seem to be mulling around 20 mins into the curfew and being slowly ushered away but it could get a bit rough at any time but I don’t think the remaining protesters stand much of a chance against the massive amount of police, police moving in on them now

Likes / Dislikes
    Imagine had Trump won a second term. I imagine he will just slowly fade away now.

Likes / Dislikes
    You do get carried away with your invective don't you ?
    and then you get it wrong (again) I have lost count of the number of times I have corrected you, calm down the orange one is going.

Compared to the riots America has had recently this is definitely no worse.

It is wrong but America has allowed people to riot and damage property for too long.

Donald Trump tells supporters to go home after Capitol stormed by rioters

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...rat-joe-biden/
    Trump continued with his rubbish electoral claims even as the invasion was going on, Trump asked the brain dead to turn out, Trump’s own words “ it will be wild” of course nothing to do with him, incidentally I don’t recall you ever correcting my comments, maybe you don’t agree, that doesn’t automatically make you right.

I Trump had told his cult followers to stay home before the event, I would acknowledge that, but you know very well Trump is behind the chaos, he needs distraction in a dying attempt to cling to power.

Likes / Dislikes
    We have watched aggressive protest become mainstream in the US and riots were tolerated for weeks in some states where looting and vandalism was the norm.
    America's politicians have been caught out.

Our own country had destructive protest which was not universally condemned as it should have been.
    We had disgraceful attempts to overturn democratic votes here we are not any better.

Likes / Dislikes
    Anyway, it's bye, bye Donald.

Let's hope they install Pence before Trump goes, so he can't start a war with Iran.

Likes / Dislikes
    The country is in a mess , trumps presidency has been a shambles , and thier is talk that he could be mentally I'll.

1 ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

127 Wennington Road, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7AH
Our team of Veterinary Surgeons, trainee and qualified Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists aim to provide the highest possible standard of a personal, caring and friendly service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 214460
165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)