southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    The future in most of our lifetimes is clean driverless cars and were clearly not preparing for it.

Cyclings good but not at the expense of the local economy, walkings far safer.

2. Likes Darkside liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    The future in most of our lifetimes is clean driverless cars and were clearly not preparing for it.

Cyclings good but not at the expense of the local economy, walkings far safer.
    The problem with that will be the transition period, it would be chaos with collisions everywhere until the drivers were off the roads.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    According to the other site - the whole town centre will be closed off to traffic by May of next year.
    Regardless of the other site's misleading headline nothing of the sort will happen.

SOME streets MAY be subject to SOME restrictions.

6. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Cycling's good but not at the expense of the local economy, walking's far safer.
    And why is walking far safer? Because footgoers have their own safe tarmac (a pavement) to walk on.... Give riders their own safe tarmac to ride on - and you instantly solve the problem.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    And why is walking far safer? Because footgoers have their own safe tarmac (a pavement) to walk on.... Give riders their own safe tarmac to ride on - and you instantly solve the problem.
    Footgoers don’t have their own safe tarmac though, pavements are invariably clogged up with idiots like you.

9. Likes Anon, Darkside, KissThis liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I don't understand the bile directed towards PNP.

Frankly, it amounts to bullying in some instances. It's not good.

11. Likes N/A, The PNP, salus.populi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Footgoers don’t have their own safe tarmac though, pavements are invariably clogged up with idiots like you.
    Better get round to Specsavers mate, because last time I looked, most pavements were clogged up with cars left around on them - duh!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

13. Likes KissThis liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Normal View Post

Sadly have to agree.....
    But bring it on - shows up the hardcore bike-hating petrolheads for what they are.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

15. Likes Alikado liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Normal View Post

That's simple, it's because he is a hypocrite.

17. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Dislikes Alikado disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    If you say so.

Must've caught it from Farage....Brexiting away the individuals many cherished rights as EU citizens - whilst quietly organising an EU passport for himself - duh!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

19. Likes Alikado liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    If you say so.

Must've caught it from Farage....Brexiting away the individuals many cherished rights as EU citizens - whilst quietly organising an EU passport for himself - duh!

You are a selfish eco hypocrite without a shadow of doubt.

You drive highly polluting vehicles, you sell highly polluting stoves.

Your pro-European argument is based on what you want to do and where you want to go.

You are anti-other people's vehicles but not your own.

You preach about cycling but don't support life-saving safety measures for cyclists because you don't want to bother.

21. Likes justbecause liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    A) You drive highly polluting vehicles, you sell highly polluting stoves.

B) Your pro-European argument is based on what you want to do and where you want to go.

C) You are anti-other people's vehicles but not your own.

D) You preach about cycling but don't support life-saving safety measures for cyclists because you don't want to bother.
    A) The same as many other companies, ours runs commercial vehicles, one is petrol and one is diesel....Both vehicles comply 100% with emissions regulations.

I deliberately trade at a reduced profit margin, not only because it attracts more custom, but because I also want to assist as many customers as possible to reduce their carbon footprints. We do this by replacing their old coal and gas fires with high efficiency 'cleanburn' woodstoves, that run on renewable fuel.

B) My remain argument is that Brexit has stripped everyone, myself included, of all their rights as EU citizens. E.g. the right to live, work, buy property, retire, free healthcare, low cost mobile phone/internet, etc across all 27 member States of the EU.

C) 'My own' vehicle is electric.....am more than happy to bring it down your end of town to peruse at your leisure. I also have/use a mountain bike, a classic roadbike and an aluminium hybrid bike for personal use.

D) I support any measure that improves riders safety. That includes pedestrianisation (with cycle-lanes) of Lord St. Re-allocating wide strips of motor vehicle tarmac on all main routes for use by cyclists. Cycle contra-flow on most one-way streets - and introducing more 20mph zones.

N.B. If you can find anyone around here who is doing more to reduce CO2 emissions, then do please let me know!
    Last edited by The PNP; 17/10/2020 at 10:21 AM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    i know have said and leaned towards the southports finished veiw,thats as things stand at the moment.yep the nets a big drain on all towns cities buisness demographs.but looking at whats being led now ,can see were going to be more restricted in movement and freedom(only if you let them decieve you),that local community will become of more import.so turning back the times when the big players took over our high streets and premises,and now turn their back on them,then yes a regeneration of part residential and ground floor independents could regenerate our town,and others too.mini comunes if you like all with their unique offerings.sadly the trurn around would take more years than we have left to survive,the govs current remits.so yep were back to southports finished for sure.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyramy View Post
    I can see were going to be more restricted in movement and freedom(only if you let them decieve you),that local community will become of more import.so turning back the times when the big players took over our high streets and premises,and now turn their back on them,then yes a regeneration of part residential and ground floor independents could regenerate our town.
    Agree with that.....More working from home/less commuting, places more people into the 'shop local' category. Which is good news for local traders - and good news for the planet!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes

Ha!Ha! That is so funny - so no-one else on this site is hypocrite! Not much they are not!

26. Likes The PNP liked this post
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369
33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333

Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913
30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)