southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    If Religion was forbidden what band wagon would us Atheists jump on.
    Don’t need a band wagon, couldn’t care less about religion just as long as the assorted faiths don’t try to force their superstitions, beliefs, “laws” and customs on others.

Strange though it may seem, I believe in freedom of religion, but that also should, must also include the freedom of not following any religion, nor be subservient in any way to any religion.

2. Likes rainydaze, Toodles McGinty liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Yet again you’ve turned a totally unrelated topic into your cycling mantra. If there was such a thing as an England Boring Team, you would, without doubt be its Captain.
    My post was to inform Said, that we have a Maharishi school in the area. It was others, who seized upon it being along the Cycleway and began harping on about 'bikes' - I hadn't even mentioned the 'b' word......If I'd come across the school whilst out walking a named footpath, someone would probably have tried to turn this into a 'shoe' thread!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    So you have not addressed the facts of the discussion. Yes, there are many different religions, establishments etc., the few examples given were just randomly chosen, they do not change the facts of the discussion! You have been given a new interpretation based on new evidence which has been published in the recent news. Look, if it is beyond you to respond as required, (personal abuse is not acceptable nor expected from a rational person) - just move on to another topic, OK?
    I made the point that it is impossible to have a debate with someone who cannot provide verifiable facts nor accept a change of opinion. I was in fact answering the OP. Thank you for proving my point.
    And I don't need your permission to comment on a thread or not, as the case may be.

6. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    My post was to inform Said, that we have a Maharishi school in the area. It was others, who seized upon it being along the Cycleway and began harping on about 'bikes' - I hadn't even mentioned the 'b' word......If I'd come across the school whilst out walking a named footpath, someone would probably have tried to turn this into a 'shoe' thread!

I got exactly what you meant PNP. This is why I doubted a serious debate. Far too many posters get up on the wrong side of the bed and use the site as a sounding board for their miseries.

8. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by joan ofarc View Post
    I made the point that it is impossible to have a debate with someone who cannot provide verifiable facts nor accept a change of opinion. I was in fact answering the OP. Thank you for proving my point.
    And I don't need your permission to comment on a thread or not, as the case may be.

I have seen worms wriggle faster than that. I am fully aware of what you meant, and so are you. It is not my permission which you require, it is the ability to comprehend.

Likes / Dislikes
    I have seen worms wriggle faster than that. I am fully aware of what you meant, and so are you. It is not my permission which you require, it is the ability to comprehend.
    The phrase involving pots and kettles springs to mind, particularly your last sentence.

11. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Don't worry. I've got your number alright.

13. Likes silver fox, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I pass it whenever I ride that stage of the Lancashire Cycleway.
    This is what you said and unless you took a ride on a Gloucester Old Spot you were cycling and I don't know about you but normal people ride a bicycle or bike for short. Hope that clears up your amnesia.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    This is what you said and unless you took a ride on a Gloucester Old Spot you were cycling and I don't know about you but normal people ride a bicycle or bike for short. Hope that clears up your amnesia.
    Many people take in their surroundings from inside a car. But I get to view all that - and more - from the saddle, because it's where I like to be, i.e. each to his/her own. Many details emerge at a leisurely 12mph, that are missed at higher speeds in a car.....In this case, one being the Maharishi's place.

Since you keep on bringing up bicycles and riding. Fyi, the Lancashire Cycleway I was on, extends from Silverdale in the North, to Halsall in the South and Barnoldswick in the East. In total approx 260miles of tarmac.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Many people take in their surroundings from inside a car. But I get to view all that - and more - from the saddle, because it's where I like to be, i.e. each to his/her own. Many details emerge at a leisurely 12mph, that are missed at higher speeds in a car.....In this case, one being the Maharishi's place.

Since you keep on bringing up bicycles and riding. Fyi, the Lancashire Cycleway I was on, extends from Silverdale in the North, to Halsall in the South and Barnoldswick in the East. In total approx 260miles of tarmac.
    We don’t, it’s you that brings cycling into every single thread. You are so stupid that you don’t even realise you are doing it. What the Lancashire Cycleway has to do with the original thread I cannot begin to imagine. Give it a rest, we’re all bored to tears with the ****e you constantly spout.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    We don’t, it’s you that brings cycling into every single thread. You are so stupid that you don’t even realise you are doing it. What the Lancashire Cycleway has to do with the original thread I cannot begin to imagine. Give it a rest, we’re all bored to tears with the ****e you constantly spout.
    I simply stated I'd found the Maharishi School while using the L.C. Much as you might mention that you occasionally drive past an establishment relevant to a thread alongside, say, the East Lancs Road.....I don't see why such fuss around the route/mode of transport.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    I simply stated I'd found the Maharishi School while using the L.C. Much as you might mention that you occasionally drive past an establishment relevant to a thread alongside, say, the East Lancs Road.....I don't see why such fuss around the route/mode of transport.
    Thank you for reiterating my point, much appreciated.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)