southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Kew Nature Trail.

Went for a bike ride around the nature trail today , didn't realise the size of it . Some of the trail surfaces require remedial work . Other than that a very please ride and great exercise . Being a wild camper I noticed signs of activity . I.e. Idiots leaving traces of thier wild camping . Take home with you .???
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    Went for a bike ride around the nature trail today , didn't realise the size of it . Some of the trail surfaces require remedial work . Other than that a very please ride and great exercise . Being a wild camper I noticed signs of activity . I.e. Idiots leaving traces of thier wild camping . Take home with you .???
    Went up there with the dog once and git followed by a bloke. I changed direction a few times including heading towards the houses at Compton Rd etc, he followed me across the little bridge so I stood and waited dor him to go past. He did, so I turned and headed back to Dobbies as did he. Haven't been back since. It's too isolated with not many other people up there.
    Volunteers needed now

Southport And Formby Special Athletes
    Registered charity no. 1037697

www.southportspecialathletes.org.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Wouldn't call it a nature trail - more like a path around some humps, bumps and a few bushes.

Oh, and the evidence of wild campers will be kids lighting fires whilst they 'hide' to drink their tinnies and have a smoke

5. Dislikes grassroots disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I go there all the time and have done for the last 2 years several times a week. The people who go are always very polite. I havent seen any scally teens, and have never been followed nor have my children when they have been.

Other dog walkers often stop to chat about the dogs. I find it very pleasant.

7. Likes grassroots liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I have also seen barn owls and tawny owls there. 2 laps round the edges is 2.9miles which is a good run with plenty of space.

9. Likes grassroots liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Normal View Post
    I have also seen barn owls and tawny owls there. 2 laps round the edges is 2.9miles which is a good run with plenty of space.
    Yes it's also very good for cycling and handy . lots of responsible dog walkers .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    I often go through there if when I'm up that way on my bike. It's decent enough for a former rubbish tip!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by *concerned* View Post
    Wouldn't call it a nature trail - more like a path around some humps, bumps and a few bushes.

Oh, and the evidence of wild campers will be kids lighting fires whilst they 'hide' to drink their tinnies and have a smoke

It is not wise to smoke or light fires in that area. It is the old Rubbish tip, there used to be notices warning about the possibility of hazardous gases and fires at one time, I don't know if they are still there.

Sometimes there are some dubious characters there - mostly near the picnic area.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    It is not wise to smoke or light fires in that area. It is the old Rubbish tip, there used to be notices warning about the possibility of hazardous gases and fires at one time, I don't know if they are still there.

Sometimes there are some dubious characters there - mostly near the picnic area.
    Chatting **** again said.

Likes / Dislikes
    I came across thus by accident, have to say I was surprised how big the area is and how pleasant considering it's built on landfill.

Likes / Dislikes
    Chatting **** again said.

What you believe really depends on just how familiar you are with the area - are you very familiar with it, or are you just going on what you have noticed on a rare occasion?

I have no doubt that some eggheads on here will put me right - if what I have seen is wrong.
    Last edited by said; 14/02/2019 at 12:14 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    I go there all the time and have done for the last 2 years several times a week. The people who go are always very polite. I havent seen any scally teens, and have never been followed nor have my children when they have been.

Other dog walkers often stop to chat about the dogs. I find it very pleasant.
    I've never been followed on any other of the nature walks i use often with my dog and have done for many years but I definitely was that day.
    Volunteers needed now

Southport And Formby Special Athletes
    Registered charity no. 1037697

www.southportspecialathletes.org.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi275 View Post
    I've never been followed on any other of the nature walks i use often with my dog and have done for many years but I definitely was that day.
    It depends on when Normal goes over there. I have been there as early as six in the morning, various times throughout the day and the night, and often when it is pitch dark. Twice on separate occasions, I have called the Police after seeing people acting suspiciously.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi275 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Bambi. I can understand why it has put you off going which is a shame.

Likes / Dislikes
    Sorry to hear that Bambi. I can understand why it has put you off going which is a shame.

I second that ,its it's a shame that people cannot walk without feeling threatened or intimidated.
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)