southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Opinions please on AO.com

I need a new washing machine and am thinking of getting a Zanussi from AO.com. Has anyone used AO and what do you think of them ?

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    I've used them several times for various appliances.

Never had a problem. Usually a little cheaper than other sites and quick delivery too.

If anything electrical breaks, it's the first place I look at, then compare with Currys for example.

Likes / Dislikes
    Check John Lewis, they usually price match and sometimes you get longer guarantees and compare with Currys & Argos.
    I've also bought a few items from Elekdirect in Bolton who have an ebay shop, also the are an AO outlet shop, if you collect you save the delivery
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/elekdirect

I always use cashback sites such as Topcashback and Quidco when buying online.

Likes / Dislikes
    Thanks to both Toodles and Alikado. I just wanted to get an idea of whether AO were reliable to deal with. I'm not in a position to collect Ali so it will have to be delivered and preferably installed. (I know I will pay extra for this).

Likes / Dislikes
    Used AO.com a few times, can’t fault them.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
    Thanks to both Toodles and Alikado. I just wanted to get an idea of whether AO were reliable to deal with. I'm not in a position to collect Ali so it will have to be delivered and preferably installed. (I know I will pay extra for this).
    Some do free delivery and some will install and will take away your old appliance, yiu will need to check the current conditions.

Likes / Dislikes
    Bought a 50” tv from AO, quick delivery but one of the ports was not working so I called them and another tv arrived dead quick, something similar was wrong with that one so I called again and another was delivered super quick. 3 rd time lucky it worked a treat, the delivery guys are on a bonus if you sign their slip so they are great to deal with and the customer service is second to none.

Likes / Dislikes
    AO pricematched a pair of appliances for us and we saved about £600 in total.

They matched the prices of an outfit I wouldn't have bought a 13 Amp fuse from.

Much cheaper than John Lewis and we got a better and longer warranty.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    AO pricematched a pair of appliances for us and we saved about £600 in total.

They matched the prices of an outfit I wouldn't have bought a 13 Amp fuse from.

Much cheaper than John Lewis and we got a better and longer warranty.
    Thanks to all who have replied. I have now ordered a washing machine from them and will let you know how the delivery goes in a few days time.

11. Likes local liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I need a new washing machine and am thinking of getting a Zanussi from AO.com. Has anyone used AO and what do you think of them ?

I don't know about AO, but I do know Zanussi are very expensive to get fixed. Had two call outs, took out a second mortgage, then decided to change the machine.

Likes / Dislikes
    Thanks to all who have replied. I have now ordered a washing machine from them and will let you know how the delivery goes in a few days time.
    I have just remembered that I got my washing machine from AO and my electric oven, washing machine is an Electra and was delivered right into my kitchen about 3 yes ago and works well. The attitude of the delivery guys was just what you need so don’t forget to sign their feedback slip as if you give them good feedback they get a £5 bonus each

Likes / Dislikes

Update. The washing machine was delivered today at around 12:15pm. The lads were polite, covid aware, and did the installation quickly and efficiently. They tested it before leaving and took the packaging and a couple of other small electrical items I was dumping without any problems. The machine itself runs smooth and quiet and I have no complaints at all so far.

15. Likes Hamble, local liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    By coincidence (in the news)the owner of the company has applied to Bury Council for planning permission for an office building in the grounds of his house citing
    the need for somewhere to work from home due to Covid home schooling.

Bless him hope he gets it.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369
Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)