southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Tory party leader.

Given the headlines over the W/E about certain Tory ministers who would you like as the next Tory party leader . I myself cannot see a "Leader" in the candidates . For me the best amongst a poor bunch is Jeramy Hunt .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    Given the headlines over the W/E about certain Tory ministers who would you like as the next Tory party leader . I myself cannot see a "Leader" in the candidates . For me the best amongst a poor bunch is Jeramy Hunt .

Like you say - hard choice! I most certainly would not choose Hunt - he could not be trusted with anything which did not bring any personal financial benefit to him and his cronies. It would be between Leadsome and Johnston. Boris is far more outspoken, but his past history indicates a fickle personality and Leadsome is very determined but does not appear to won much support among her own party.

Likes / Dislikes
    Rory Stewart appears to be the only grown up amongst them with a modicum of intelligence. I suppose that will rule him out.

5. Likes Mr B S Sniffer liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    The Guardian is keen on Amber Rudd becoming the next Tory party leader.

The Guaridan columnists are also sweet on Rory Stewart.

As and when serious thoughts turn to who will succeed Jeremy Corbyn as the next Labour party leader, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Telegraph endorsing John Mann.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    The Guardian is keen on Amber Rudd becoming the next Tory party leader.

The Guaridan columnists are also sweet on Rory Stewart.

As and when serious thoughts turn to who will succeed Jeremy Corbyn as the next Labour party leader, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Telegraph endorsing John Mann.
    If the Labour party had got it's act together years ago the Tory election would be irrelevant as they would have been history.

8. Likes silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    For me the best amongst a poor bunch is Jeramy Hunt .

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    The man who wants to privatise the NHS!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    Rory Stewart appears to be the only grown up amongst them with a modicum of intelligence. I suppose that will rule him out.
    As you say he seems to have some intelligence even dare I say it compassion, a rare trait in a Conservative, the rest are a bunch of sociopaths who have revelled in the chance to make life unpleasant for the disabled & poorer people of this country.

Likes / Dislikes
    Personal view, couldn't care less as to what effects the new leader has on the Tories, but while this unprincipled shower are scrabbling like rats in a sack, each one competing to be more Tory than the next, what about the country, the ordinary average population of this country, the future of this country?

All we hear are more Tory, more right wing philosophy, Johnson with more tax cuts for the wealthy, McVey to "sort" public sector pay, (god help them), assorted brats saying things like suspend parliament to get their plans through, dictatorship anyone?

Please, please Labour get your act together now and give us the chance to get rid of this unsavoury gang of self serving chancers.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post
    If the Labour party had got it's act together years ago the Tory election would be irrelevant as they would have been history.

Like from the first inception?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post
    Dead right for Theresa May to get in with a history of austerity was a mystery to most .

They targeted workers who were entirely blameless for the Banking Crisis and people at the very bottom of society most simply did not deserve the squeeze they were subjected to.

If they don't dump Corbyn the Tories under probably Boris will be back in.

Nigel might be amusing and consistent but the Brexit Party will be lucky to get a five a side team.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Personal view, couldn't care less as to what effects the new leader has on the Tories, but while this unprincipled shower are scrabbling like rats in a sack, each one competing to be more Tory than the next, what about the country, the ordinary average population of this country, the future of this country?

All we hear are more Tory, more right wing philosophy, Johnson with more tax cuts for the wealthy, McVey to "sort" public sector pay, (god help them), assorted brats saying things like suspend parliament to get their plans through, dictatorship anyone?

Please, please Labour get your act together now and give us the chance to get rid of this unsavoury gang of self serving chancers.

I can think of nothing worse than a Political Party who would borrow and borrow again and again, just to keep an electorate happy to vote them in. You only have to look at local Labour areas, then compare these with Conservative areas to see how many are spending £millions on purchasing property at a time when the property market is so tenuous leaving the tax payers at high risk. And if the leadership of the Tory party looks dire - any leadership of the Labour Party would be a far worse issue.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    I can think of nothing worse than a Political Party who would borrow and borrow again and again, just to keep an electorate happy to vote them in. You only have to look at local Labour areas, then compare these with Conservative areas to see how many are spending £millions on purchasing property at a time when the property market is so tenuous leaving the tax payers at high risk. And if the leadership of the Tory party looks dire - any leadership of the Labour Party would be a far worse issue.
    Just look at the borrowing from our present government, fact this government has borrowed more than every Labour government put together, plus let's also remember Labour borrowed to build, whereas for instance Thatcher threw away North Sea Oil revenues to cover the effects of her destruction of British industry.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Just look at the borrowing from our present government, fact this government has borrowed more than every Labour government put together, plus let's also remember Labour borrowed to build, whereas for instance Thatcher threw away North Sea Oil revenues to cover the effects of her destruction of British industry.
    Despite the fact you label me as a right winger the truth is Gordon Brown was the best Chancellor we have had in decades and the Conservatives are borrowers in chief.
    Gordon borrowed less and paid back more of our debt than any Conservative.

The problem is they put lots more money into the NHS and others without getting any improvements in productivity.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Despite the fact you label me as a right winger the truth is Gordon Brown was the best Chancellor we have had in decades and the Conservatives are borrowers in chief.
    Gordon borrowed less and paid back more of our debt than any Conservative.

The problem is they put lots more money into the NHS and others without getting any improvements in productivity.
    Thank you, just shows there are areas of agreement between everyone, we just need to find them.

1 ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)