southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast

Thread: Travellers

Likes / Dislikes

Travellers

Why is there nothing mentioned on the news page about the Travellers in town centre

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Lamparilla Guest
    I would guess that, seeing as it's a very regular occurrence, it's hardly news any more.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post
    I would guess that, seeing as it's a very regular occurrence, it's hardly news any more.
    Yes, as much as we talk about them and complain about the apathy shown by the Council, the simple answer is that neither the Police or Sefton Council see the problem of travellers trespassing and defacing the community as a priority. If they sit back for long enough the travellers will eventually move on, leaving behind all their sh*te, and we as Council Tax payers are saddled with the cost of cleaning up after them.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Suppose there's been more important stuff going on ,they leave a mess ,but to be honest I must have witnessed 10 or more car /van drivers over a week or so,just toss there chips ,paper ,plastic forks ,takeaway boxes etc ,out of the window all over the road and smugly drive off now I don't know who's worse disgusting .

7. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=2STEPS-IN-FRONT;6700448]I must have witnessed 10 or more car/van drivers over a week or so, just toss their chips, paper, plastic forks, takeaway boxes etc, out of the window all over the road and smugly drive off. Now, I don't know who's worse disgusting. [QUOTE]

Tell me about it.......Cycling the lanes of W Lancs, it's all right there to be seen in the verges. Fastfood wrappings, drinks (inc alcoholic ) bottles and cans, crisp packets - and all the rest. That's before you even get to the settees, old tyres, occasional mattress, general household and garden/trade waste.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

9. Likes 2STEPS-IN-FRONT liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Yes, as much as we talk about them and complain about the apathy shown by the Council, the simple answer is that neither the Police or Sefton Council see the problem of travellers trespassing and defacing the community as a priority. If they sit back for long enough the travellers will eventually move on, leaving behind all their sh*te, and we as Council Tax payers are saddled with the cost of cleaning up after them.

Yep! Next down the line. Let Walton and Crosby deal with it!

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=The PNP;6700479][QUOTE=2STEPS-IN-FRONT;6700448]I must have witnessed 10 or more car/van drivers over a week or so, just toss their chips, paper, plastic forks, takeaway boxes etc, out of the window all over the road and smugly drive off. Now, I don't know who's worse disgusting.

Tell me about it.......Cycling the lanes of W Lancs, it's all right there to be seen in the verges. Fastfood wrappings, drinks (inc alcoholic ) bottles and cans, crisp packets - and all the rest. That's before you even get to the settees, old tyres, occasional mattress, general household and garden/trade waste.
    Yak ,also probably linked to poor personal hygiene yak.

Likes / Dislikes
    I read the report on OTS that the travellers moved in on Saturday p.m. and the police were quoted as saying it would be Monday before they could realistically move them on. It beggars belief - so a weekend of free parking plus all other costs incurred by them but of course not paid by them. Legislation needs to be passed a.s.a.p. that they are breaking the law - end of!

Likes / Dislikes
    I thought it was a Tracey Emin work.

Unmade car park.

Likes / Dislikes
    So if I go to that car park do I need to pay and display?
    Devil in disguise,

Likes / Dislikes
    I was approached earlier by a couple of blokes in a dark tranny type vehicle, I was offered a genny, told them I had one, they said it was Brexit causing it making it not worth taking back home. Then they said 'they only wanted a drink for it', turned it down again then got offered a pressure washer - got one, then offered a chain saw, got one of them as well.
    Police aware.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
    So if I go to that car park do I need to pay and display?

No - the temporary security officers on the site will take care of your car for you!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    I was approached earlier by a couple of blokes in a dark tranny type vehicle, I was offered a genny, told them I had one, they said it was Brexit causing it making it not worth taking back home. Then they said 'they only wanted a drink for it', turned it down again then got offered a pressure washer - got one, then offered a chain saw, got one of them as well.
    Police aware.

Good job you put them off. It is a regular con - they will show you a new boxed item and then when you say you will take it - you end up with a box full of a broken down or non existent item.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Good job you put them off. It is a regular con - they will show you a new boxed item and then when you say you will take it - you end up with a box full of a broken down or non existent item.

Or a couple of bricks

19. Likes daviebaby liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Police aware.
    The same two approached me in Dobbies car park yesterday afternoon, and asked if I wanted to Genny , I said no and the passenger said "only a couple of quid" , I said no .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333
25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)