southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Trump latest madness

So now the leader of Oceania is positing injecting disinfectant as a cure for Covid. Lee Harvey Oswald, you left us too soon.

But on the sunshine he may have a point. It's a potent provider of the essential vitamin D and there is anecdotal evidence (including my own) that sunbathing finishes a cold in short order. (Yes, know I know, I know that Covid 19 is not a cold, but it's in the same family.)

2. Likes Desert Region liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Of all of his catalogue of stupid, ridiculous, dangerous comments, this is perhaps the prime contender for the absolute worst. Unbelievable:

5. Likes rainydaze liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    US government says Covid-19 lives for just 2 minutes on sunny surfaces above 21c (70f)

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/us-says-covid-19-lives-just-2-minutes-sunny-surfaces-21c-70f-12602532/

Likes / Dislikes
    A better video for witnessing the mind-blowing stupidity:

Likes / Dislikes
    Great idea, trial it on Trump and see how we go!

9. Likes justbecause, Toodles McGinty, N/A liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    So now the leader of Oceania is positing injecting disinfectant as a cure for Covid. Lee Harvey Oswald, you left us too soon.

But on the sunshine he may have a point. It's a potent provider of the essential vitamin D and there is anecdotal evidence (including my own) that sunbathing finishes a cold in short order. (Yes, know I know, I know that Covid 19 is not a cold, but it's in the same family.)
    The leader of Oceania?? I don't think so! We don't want Chump over here.
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
    The leader of Oceania?? I don't think so! We don't want Chump over here.
    I was alluding to Nineteen Eighty-Four, Nick.

12. Likes Desert Region liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    US government says Covid-19 lives for just 2 minutes on sunny surfaces above 21c (70f)

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/us-says-covid-19-lives-just-2-minutes-sunny-surfaces-21c-70f-12602532/
    Don’t let Dumbo know, he’ll be advocating injecting patients with boiling water.

Lamparilla Guest
    Why spend millions training brain surgeons? If someone has an infection in their brain, just shoot them in the head - it's 'the American way' after all.

What I can't comprehend is how many people voted for him. I just came to the conclusion that they're as thick as he is, or even thicker.

In the first video above, note the complete lack of social distancing.

15. Likes justbecause liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Might be mega rich , but he is also an idiot and an embarrassment to the office he holds.
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Lamparilla Guest
    Mind you, I bet there'll be a rush on Dettol in Walmart now.

Likes / Dislikes
    Are you having a collective meltdown in this lockdown ?

the vomit inducing one mentioned something he had read about using UV and how disinfectant acted within a minute and mused whether it was possible for humans with his medical team.

I accept it was put in a way not suitable for thicko's but surely not one of us thought it was an instruction to drink dettol,

or am I expecting too much of people ?

Just for those who don't pay attention to much and lap up like lemmings anything in the news we do already have two disinfectants that we swallow chlorine and iodine.

https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Alberta/...t-boil-it.aspx

Disclaimer, I am not asking you to drink a swimming pool.

Lamparilla Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    I accept it was put in a way not suitable for thicko's but surely not one of us thought it was an instruction to drink dettol,

or am I expecting too much of people ?
    If you look and listen to the video, he specifically and deliberately suggests to the doctors that injecting disinfectant into people might be an idea worth trying.

20. Likes Desert Region liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    To the Trump defenders:]

Chlorinated water (as most already is) and iodised water (commonly used as a gargle) is not what Mr Dumpf was talking about. He was suggesting that drinking or injecting disinfectant might be a good idea.

This is, firstly, not at all the same as using chorinated or iodised water. Secondly, although disinfectant can kill a virus on an external surface it cannot penentrate a compromised human cell. For disinfectant to work as Tump has suggested it might, we would need to use it phrophylactically at a concentration that would poison us.
    Last edited by Hector; 24/04/2020 at 09:16 AM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    Might be mega rich , but he is also an idiot and an embarrassment to the office he holds.
    Just proves that making lots and lots of $£ does not take a lot of brain power.

1 ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)