southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk
Please also follow us on our live Twitter Feed
  1. Published on: 22/03/2020 08:50 AMReported by: roving-eye
    COVID-19 Timetable Changes

    Following government advice in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Merseyrail services will be running a reduced timetable, with trains every 30 minutes on all lines from start of service on Thursday 19 March. There are likely to be further amendments to our timetable over the coming weeks, and we would encourage all customers to check before you travel.
     

    Submit News to Us

    Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk




  2. Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk





    Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

    Your Comments:


  3. *concerned* says:22/03/2020 09:05 AM
    Good plan ?

    So instead of LESS people on more trains, you have now created MORE people on less trains !

  4. Dislikes clive764 disliked this post
  5. Little Londoner says:22/03/2020 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by *concerned* View Post
    Good plan ?

    So instead of LESS people on more trains, you have now created MORE people on less trains !
    Exactly even though they have made 6 car trains instead of 3 the fact that they have halved the service means that TWO 3 car loads are going to get on a 6 car train which to anyone with a few brain cells = no difference the only saving is on staff.

  6. clive764 says:22/03/2020 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Exactly even though they have made 6 car trains instead of 3 the fact that they have halved the service means that TWO 3 car loads are going to get on a 6 car train which to anyone with a few brain cells = no difference the only saving is on staff.
    Do you really think that there will be the same amount of people travelling, with a large proportion of people now working from home?
    It may also encourage people to change their behaviour and discourage non-essential travel, as we are all advised to do.
    This reduction in the frequency of service also mitigates for the possibility of Merseyrail staff having to self-isolate and not being able to go to work in the coming weeks and months.
    Very sensible and a forward thinking initiative, instead of just being reactive.

  7. Likes donkey22 liked this post
  8. Alikado says:22/03/2020 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clive764 View Post
    Do you really think that there will be the same amount of people travelling, with a large proportion of people now working from home?
    It may also encourage people to change their behaviour and discourage non-essential travel, as we are all advised to do.
    This reduction in the frequency of service also mitigates for the possibility of Merseyrail staff having to self-isolate and not being able to go to work in the coming weeks and months.
    Very sensible and a forward thinking initiative, instead of just being reactive.
    It also means that instead of using the train people are going to use the car instead.

  9. Starling says:22/03/2020 11:51 AM
    According to the Arriva website, some bus services will also be subject to timetable changes from 23rd March. For example the no.49 Crossens to Woodvale bus will be running at 30 minute intervals Monday-Friday, instead of the usual 12 minutes.

  10. clive764 says:22/03/2020 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    It also means that instead of using the train people are going to use the car instead.
    If that results in more social distancing fair enough.
    It is all about priorities and there are hopefully less people travelling anyway.

  11. donkey22 says:22/03/2020 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    It also means that instead of using the train people are going to use the car instead.
    I drive into Liverpool and Manchester for work on a daily basis. Drove into Liverpool city centre yesterday at lunchtime. It was like driving into a ghost town. There must’ve been at least 50% less cars on the road. And that’s before this virus has taken a proper hold.

  12. Likes clive764 liked this post
  13. Alikado says:22/03/2020 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starling View Post
    According to the Arriva website, some bus services will also be subject to timetable changes from 23rd March. For example the no.49 Crossens to Woodvale bus will be running at 30 minute intervals Monday-Friday, instead of the usual 12 minutes.
    I heard on the bus that it was to be a Sunday Timetable, I don't know how that works for people going to work.

  14. Likes clive764 liked this post
  15. donkey22 says:22/03/2020 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    I heard on the bus that it was to be a Sunday Timetable, I don't know how that works for people going to work.
    Getting to work on time? Probably the least of your worries.

  16. clive764 says:22/03/2020 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    I heard on the bus that it was to be a Sunday Timetable, I don't know how that works for people going to work.
    Just have to plan a bit better to get anywhere on time. Not difficult.


Custom Search

You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register


Privacy & Cookie Policy


       
   Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk
Christmas trees in southport
Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Bulk Aggregates in southport
Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal





UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News


Supporting Local Business
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913
Supporting Local Business
15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595

Supporting Local Business
60 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333
Supporting Local Business
178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805


Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)