warley, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
-->
  1. What is brexit plan B, I’m confused

After much hype it turns out Theresa May’s Plan B is actually Theresa May’s Plan A.

The clock is ticking and I can’t see what has changed since December

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. Last night Sky news did a special report live from the PYRAMID café in Leeds university, they raised questions and concerns took opinions and took participant studio polls and matched them to national polls regarding this situation and what could be done.

I got caught up watching the hour long informal to and fro but one thing struck me one thing that was said cleared it for me, we haven't got time to do anything like second referendums or changing things like Governments or coming to a new deal as we don't qualify for an extension and they wont deal with us any more. It seems the reality is its now basically the deal we have come back with or a hard brexit. times up there are no alternatives.. that's what a special authority in the studio kept saying.

Its a good watch and should be on catch up

4. Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    After much hype it turns out Theresa May’s Plan B is actually Theresa May’s Plan A.

... Definition of insanity!

5. Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    Last night Sky news did a special report live from the PYRAMID café in Leeds university, they raised questions and concerns took opinions and took participant studio polls and matched them to national polls regarding this situation and what could be done.

I got caught up watching the hour long informal to and fro but one thing struck me one thing that was said cleared it for me, we haven't got time to do anything like second referendums or changing things like Governments or coming to a new deal as we don't qualify for an extension and they wont deal with us any more. It seems the reality is its now basically the deal we have come back with or a hard brexit. times up there are no alternatives.. that's what a special authority in the studio kept saying.

Its a good watch and should be on catch up
    This is the thought process that May is relying on to get her deal through, reality is, we can delay or even halt the farce at any time.

6. Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    This is the thought process that May is relying on to get her deal through, reality is, we can delay or even halt the farce at any time.
    This is my understanding. She is using the threat of no deal and the utter chaos it will cause as a stick to beat MP's into agreeing her deal. We can extend it unilaterally but May refuses to do so.

7. Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    But if we halted the farce that would be a slap in the face for those who voted to leave, of which I wasn't one . Then we would have people saying the government has gone against wishes of the people .
    I'm afraid May has to deliver but I'm not holding my breath .

8. Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    But if we halted the farce that would be a slap in the face for those who voted to leave, of which I wasn't one . Then we would have people saying the government has gone against wishes of the people .
    It would be a pausing of the process to allow further negotiations given there is chaos for the EU with a no deal as well. You can approach them to say we need to renegotiate because the MPs have rejected it and won't approve.

9. Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    A slap in the face is mild compared to the kick in the balls that a no deal Brexit would inflict on everyone including leave voters (apart from the disaster capitalists who are advocating it, are wealthy enough to be insulated from it and who stand to gain by gambling on it).

10. The PM seems to think it’s perfectly reasonable for to bring essentially the same proposal back to parliament again and again until she gets the result she wants.

However she’s adamant that giving the public an opportunity to reconsider their 'decision' of 2 and a half years ago - (where the majority of what we were told were complete lies) is an ‘affront to democracy’.

Double standards or what?

Let's have a People’s Vote!

11. Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    A slap in the face is mild compared to the kick in the balls that a no deal Brexit would inflict on everyone including leave voters (apart from the disaster capitalists who are advocating it, are wealthy enough to be insulated from it and who stand to gain by gambling on it).
    I've often wondered if the average leave voter is even aware of these groups, or wonders why so many wealthy people are drooling at the thought of a no deal Brexit.

12. Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

Although it's the same as Plan A, Plan B is actually different in that it places all blame on Jeremy Corbyn ... oh no, wait, hang on ...

13. No deal will be agreed unless she gets Jeremy onboard, the numbers just don't stack up. She only has a narrow majority anyway and there are always going to be some dissenters, even a handful would be enough to kill a deal. The Libdums wouldn't vote for as they are Remainers and the price for the SNP would be another Independence Referendum so she needs to get JC on board.

14. Plan a polished, and they say you can't polish a turd...

15. Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    I've often wondered if the average leave voter is even aware of these groups, or wonders why so many wealthy people are drooling at the thought of a no deal Brexit.

Just exactly how would you consider that a No Deal Brexit will be detrimental to the UK?

16. Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Just exactly how would you consider that a No Deal Brexit will be detrimental to the UK?
    If you have to ask at this late stage of proceedings there's not much hope for you.
    Why do you think the government are preparing for troops in the streets?

http://theconversation.com/no-deal-s...britain-102009

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Warley / West Midlands
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Warley

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in warley
Replacement Stove Glass in warley
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
warleywarley News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)