failsworth, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Antiques Thread: "Victorian" Pewter Teapot

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes

    Arrow "Victorian" Pewter Teapot

    Hi there,

    I believe by the syle it looks Victorian, but obviously that is just a speculative punt, anyway if it is not please tell me what date you would put on it, it feels very heavy and only has a slight dent i believe it may be a dent or just the syle of it I am not 100% sure, also it says Sheffield underneath it.

    I found this little buy @ my local charity shop, there was quite a bit of interest and just as I was going to pay somebody else was asking where it was as he wanted to buy it, I felt quite bad, but then I thought the early bird catches the worm and all that...

    I paid £8, I thought was very fair as even if it had no commercial value I could always keep it at this price as I liked the style of it, but anyway, I wa just wodering if anybody could tell me anything about it, or if it is worth anything. ?

    Thanks in advance.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    - Reserved for pictures -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Whilst uploading the pictures, I have spotted a gorgeous looking Persian rug for sale, I know you have to be careful about size , condition and what material it is made of, but it looks good, what do you guys think about it and maybe a possible value. ?

    LINK: http://www.gumtree.com/london/34/46444634.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,997
    Likes / Dislikes
    Victorian Pewter. forget it
    if dented .do not even think

    Sheffield is famous for plate that is copper sandwiched between two pieces of silver.

    Plate also refers to antique 925 English Silver made in cities like London, Chester and Birmingham.

    The Persian carpet looks good pos. 8ftx10ft

    = 80sq ft @ aprox £20 sq foot. You are talking retail about £1600 retail if hand made.

    If a Indian/Pakistani copy about machine made £400 retail

    If made of a man made fibre £50 in an auction.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by vanman
    Victorian Pewter. forget it
    if dented .do not even think

    Sheffield is famous for plate that is copper sandwiched between two pieces of silver.

    Plate also refers to antique 925 English Silver made in cities like London, Chester and Birmingham.

    The Persian carpet looks good pos. 8ftx10ft

    = 80sq ft @ aprox £20 sq foot. You are talking retail about £1600 retail if hand made.

    If a Indian/Pakistani copy about machine made £400 retail

    If made of a man made fibre £50 in an auction.
    So the Persian rug maybe a good buy if I could get it for £400. ?

    Also image of the teapot below, looks nice I think...







    and something else not sure what it is.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    695
    Likes / Dislikes
    both items look broken at the top,just an observation...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by briana5125
    both items look broken at the top,just an observation...
    Indeed, the Mansons one has been porely restored cost me 50p is a boot fair item?

    And the Teapot has the slightest crack, looks so much worse than it actually is, also would you date in Victorian as well?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    695
    Likes / Dislikes
    the teapot i would date around 1885-1895

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,997
    Likes / Dislikes
    The teapot is late 19th century and is junk no commercial value.

    The masons item
    Pocket watch holder

    Is a reproduction, a copy of an old one.
    Some people call the design gaudy welsh or Japan colours.

    Probably made by Masons (because the body is bright white)and not one of the Chinese copies that I have seen with the original Mason Mark. The Chinese ones are forgeries. Your item has the ironstone mark on it but it is made of china made at the Spode factory (closed for good in December) and a Masons back stamp has been put on.

    Even a re strike by masons it still is quite nice. I would say £10 to £15 at a small Antique Fair.

    Portmeirion company has now bought the rights to use Spode Name

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by vanman
    The teapot is late 19th century and is junk no commercial value.

    The masons item
    Pocket watch holder

    Is a reproduction, a copy of an old one.
    Some people call the design gaudy welsh or Japan colours.

    Probably made by Masons (because the body is bright white)and not one of the Chinese copies that I have seen with the original Mason Mark. The Chinese ones are forgeries. Your item has the ironstone mark on it but it is made of china made at the Spode factory (closed for good in December) and a Masons back stamp has been put on.

    Even a re strike by masons it still is quite nice. I would say £10 to £15 at a small Antique Fair.

    Portmeirion company has now bought the rights to use Spode Name
    Cool, thanks.


Custom Search
            

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
You are in: UK / Failsworth / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Failsworth

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register


Privacy & Cookie Policy



       
   Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk
Christmas trees in failsworth
Firewood suppliers in failsworth
Replacement Stove Glass in failsworth
Bulk Aggregates in failsworth
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal







UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
failsworthfailsworth News



Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)