finchley, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ex more
    Father and daughter ...Is this a tag team?
    Yay. ! Super mod, how it going man. ? Doing a good job moderating this forum I see, nice post score. !!!!!

    Haha, hilarious picture!

    Enjoying acting like a strict mod with contreversial comments like that..

    Anyway, I just love that post count.... ! Well done,,,, truly I congratualte you, just remember we all have to start somewhere, and it is nice to be appriased not demoralised, thanks...



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,998
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ex more
    Cuckoo clock Has vanny sub let this site.
    ex more..........a perfect vanglish post

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    1,841
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Advanced
    Yay. ! Super mod, how it going man. ? Doing a good job moderating this forum I see, nice post score. !!!!!

    Haha, hilarious picture!

    Enjoying acting like a strict mod with contreversial comments like that..

    Anyway, I just love that post count.... ! Well done,,,, truly I congratualte you, just remember we all have to start somewhere, and it is nice to be appriased not demoralised, thanks...
    You really should do your homework. Ex more a mod? She may be controversial at times, but never contreversial. She's a lady posters on SGB respect. Get yourself a life boy! By the way, what sort of contact do you have with Southport? My guess is none whatsoever.
    Age is simply a matter of mind - age doesn't matter if you don't mind

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek H
    You really should do your homework. Ex more a mod? She may be controversial at times, but never contreversial. She's a lady posters on SGB respect. Get yourself a life boy! By the way, what sort of contact do you have with Southport? My guess is none whatsoever.
    Omg. ! Lol,,,,!!!

    I thought it was aloud to post on here, even with no contact with Southport... As Vanny has not complained before...

    Now who is tag teaming? And can I just say, course she isn't a darn mod, but behaves like one,,, not that it has anything to do with you. ?

    What is with you correcting spelling it is very patronizing, and me get a life. ? Who has been posting on here longer. ? Hmmm,,, beggers can't be choosers...

    Lady SGB Repect poster or not, that does not give her added authority...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    southport
    Posts
    313
    Likes / Dislikes
    That is that....................

    end of the discussion.

    back to antiques..... or should I say junk

    but remember Vanmans treasure is another mans junk

    By the way Ex more is a lovely person. I have had the pleasure of meeting her on many occasions.

    I think she was only passing her view and to be honest with out upsetting sylviaviapoet I don't mind any poster posting their view provided they put a stamp on the envelope.
    please note it is theantiquesman account on qlocal that is now only used, thank you

    Antiques

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    53.7° N 3.0° W
    Posts
    1,466
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Advanced
    Lady SGB Repect poster or not, that does not give her added authority...
    You might find that if someone puts a smilie next to a comment it is usually when they are having a joke with you.
    We are allowed to have a bit of fun on here........

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by beldray
    You might find that if someone puts a smilie next to a comment it is usually when they are having a joke with you.
    We are allowed to have a bit of fun on here........
    Omg. ! Lol, end of discussion...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,998
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Advanced
    Omg. ! Lol, end of discussion...
    Advance.............. Beldray is an OK guy as well.

    He really does know his cars.

    Why not go on his section and have your car questions answered.

    www.beldraycaranswers.gb.com/knowscars

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by vanman
    Advance.............. Beldray is an OK guy as well.

    He really does know his cars.

    Why not go on his section and have your car questions answered.

    www.beldraycaranswers.gb.com/knowscars
    Who is Advance?

    Lol... !!! :L I am asking about antiques not cars :L

    Anyway, no mention that I am an OK guy either... I feel insulted John.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,998
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Advanced
    Who is Advance?

    Lol... !!! :L I am asking about antiques not cars :L

    Anyway, no mention that I am an OK guy either... I feel insulted John.

    Advance. Sorry I left the "d" off.


    You may be a great guy, but I have not met you , but I have met Beldray.
    As I know about antiques Beldray knows about cars.
    I thought you may want to know that.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    53.7° N 3.0° W
    Posts
    1,466
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by vanman
    Advance. Sorry I left the "d" off.


    You may be a great guy, but I have not met you , but I have met Beldray.
    As I know about antiques Beldray knows about cars.
    I thought you may want to know that.
    Cheers vanny but I will never know as much as you.....

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,998
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by beldray
    Cheers vanny but I will never know as much as you.....

    I keep learning more and more about less and less

    chears beldray

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Texas, USA (formerly Southport)
    Posts
    371
    Likes / Dislikes
    I think I have misunderstood the reason for this particular portion of the Sgb forum--I thought it was for Sgb members to ask Antiqueman about one or two items they might have in their possesion--not to start a whole antique business for non-local people.

    If I am wrong, Antiqueman, I'm sorry. But I have been wondering how long you were going to allow these posts with their many pictures of what--even I can see--is, to put it delicately, junk!

    Also, for those of you (Advanced and Brianna???)
    who like the idea of car boot sales in case they find something really interesting and valuable, I do think they would be better off with a Blog of their own which would/could be seen by many more readers over a greater area (even all over the world--and in America.)

    And Americans, as Antiqueman says, would be very interested in that Flow Blue Tureen shown earlier.

    Sorry to sound so disparaging. I do like to read about Sbg members and their genuine and personal items, but not a bunch of junk (I have enough of that of my own!)

    As for not reading a post if I'm not interested--that's what I'll be doing from now on--not reading posts I see are from Advanced or Brianna (sorry!)
    Vivra

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    681
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivra Patricia
    I think I have misunderstood the reason for this particular portion of the Sgb forum--I thought it was for Sgb members to ask Antiqueman about one or two items they might have in their possesion--not to start a whole antique business for non-local people.

    If I am wrong, Antiqueman, I'm sorry. But I have been wondering how long you were going to allow these posts with their many pictures of what--even I can see--is, to put it delicately, junk!

    Also, for those of you (Advanced and Brianna???)
    who like the idea of car boot sales in case they find something really interesting and valuable, I do think they would be better off with a Blog of their own which would/could be seen by many more readers over a greater area (even all over the world--and in America.)

    And Americans, as Antiqueman says, would be very interested in that Flow Blue Tureen shown earlier.

    Sorry to sound so disparaging. I do like to read about Sbg members and their genuine and personal items, but not a bunch of junk (I have enough of that of my own!)

    As for not reading a post if I'm not interested--that's what I'll be doing from now on--not reading posts I see are from Advanced or Brianna (sorry!)
    Well,,, that is your opinion.

    I will just state how I see it...

    I know I have no connection with Southport, but I am getting help from a more expreienced man in antiques, who knows what he is talking about... At least I think he does :L

    I always thought forums site were for the all and thought you should be able to post on a forum regardless of your location

    I can appreicate what you are saying but, as of yet Vanny has not seemed to have a problem, and enjoys well it seems (evidently I don't know) helping others regardless of location.

    And why should he not help people who are strugling with antiques and help people who have a same passion for the love of antiques that he does.

    It makes sense he should help someone who shares the same interests, and are actually active on the forum site, and not the people who post once a month or week either asking a valuation or something or just complaining, I believe I am not trying to make this forums a worst place but just asking genuine questions which I desire the answer to, and gives Vanny / AntiquesMan something else to do.

    At the end of the day, I believe Vanny has the right to choose who is and is not aloud to post on these forums, and no body else, if he would not like me / Briana / anyone else who is the same boat as us please could Vanny / AntiquesMan, and Vanny alone state this.

    That is just my 2 cents.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    695
    Likes / Dislikes
    SO WHY DONT SGB CHANGE THE FORMAT OR REGISTRATION PROCESS SO THAT ONLY PEOPLE WITH A SOUTHPORT ADDRESS CAN MAKE A POST?,

    VIVRA PATRICIA-LOCATION-AMERICA

    I STAYED OVER IN SOUTHPORT FOR ONE NIGHT A FEW YEARS AGO....SO I GUESS I COULD BE 'FORMERLY SOUTHPORT'

    ITS CALLED A WORLD WIDE WEB....

    SOME PEOPLE ARE GETTING VERY AGGRESSIVE WHEN I COMMUNICATE WITH WITH VANNY....

    SOUNDS VERY POSSESIVE...

    I DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM...


Custom Search
            

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Finchley / London
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Finchley

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register


Privacy & Cookie Policy



   

   Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk


Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in finchley
Replacement Stove Glass in finchley
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal






UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
finchleyfinchley News



Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)