UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Still scarred as a pedestrian doing the real thing in Amsterdam last week.
    Sounds eventful!

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    Sounds eventful!
    We intended to book the cycle hire before travelling.
    Amsterdam cycles stop by reversing pedal which go's against all one does automatically!
    Other types were available not always near to collect.

Decided to wait and hire in person.
    That was quickly dropped after walking in the city.

Hundreds of bikes Thousands parked everywhere.
    Cyclists are very fast and of course opposite side of the road drive.
    Cyclist lanes cross pavements have their own crossings alongside pedestrians sometimes confusing to remember when the lights change.
    The majority do not wear helmets.

Even if you are on permanent stress alert cyclists still break rules cut you up when you think you have just to watch out for cars and vans.

Parks are no better they have the cyclists in lycra and hats and lean machines that go faster because they can.

Next time we go love to cycle in a more rural area.

Must say the Dutch people were very tolerant of us tourists trying to work out instructions calling out in English as they passed.

We have been to Amsterdam many times before in the past.
    This time there are more people more bikes and road works construction sites tram lines just as in every growing City.

4. Likes Desert Region liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    I still don't know what to believe.....On the one hand, a chap in Ainsdale that I've known for a good forty years, tells me categorically that 'local picks coal on the beach'. On the other is 'local', who at first denies doing so outright, then when challenged changes his story to; well it was only one piece and I threw it away afterwards.

He may indeed live a totally coal-free lifestyle, in which case good on him. However, he could equally well be harbouring a gloryhole-full of the stuff!
    It turns out that in addition to gloryhole having another meaning, P'n'P has a different meaning, too.

We were watching a contemporary US show set in L.A. One of the characters explains that before setting up an account on a dating app called Flingr you need to be up on the lingo, and as an example informs that P'n'P means: "Party and Play, a.k.a. sex and drugs."

If the P'n'P organisation still existed and had a website or social media presence then it would be receiving some interested but then rapidly disappointed visitors.

Likes / Dislikes
    It turns out that in addition to gloryhole having another meaning, P'n'P has a different meaning, too.

We were watching a contemporary US show set in L.A. One of the characters explains that before setting up an account on a dating app called Flingr you need to be up on the lingo, and as an example informs that P'n'P means: "Party and Play, a.k.a. sex and drugs."

If the P'n'P organisation still existed and had a website or social media presence then it would be receiving some interested but then rapidly disappointed visitors.

LOL.....Thanks, that's a new one to me!

Btw, we're (most of us) still alive and well as a group. It's still possible to spot members out and about in their hi-viz P'n'P tops, when worn. Recruitment continues, e-mailshots continue, etc. A groups strength isn't in its website, it's in its people!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    The eco-fraud does seem to have resiled from that let's say fanciful suggestion from his "friend"

He does tend to throw out chaff when exposed.

His constant witterings about the Netherlands did though prompt me to read about their horrendous traffic problems.

The system he champions is clearly an environmental disaster in the making.

So he has inadvertently educated me as to the terrible problems he probably didn't want anyone to know about.

Hopefully other cyclists will read for themselves about the traffic issues caused.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    ...So he has inadvertently educated me as to the terrible problems he probably didn't want anyone to know about.

Hopefully other cyclists will read for themselves about the traffic issues caused.
    The modal share for bikes in NL is at around ten times that of the UK......If all those Dutch bikes were cars instead, the congestion/CO2 emissions in NL would be a whole lot worse. By the same token, when the UK has created a similarly comprehensive network of quality cycleways, we would expect bikes here to increase their modal share by the same amount - thus reducing UK CO2 emissions by a similarly significant factor.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    We intended to book the cycle hire before travelling.
    Amsterdam cycles stop by reversing pedal which go's against all one does automatically!
    Other types were available not always near to collect.

Decided to wait and hire in person.
    That was quickly dropped after walking in the city.

Hundreds of bikes Thousands parked everywhere.
    Cyclists are very fast and of course opposite side of the road drive.
    Cyclist lanes cross pavements have their own crossings alongside pedestrians sometimes confusing to remember when the lights change.
    The majority do not wear helmets.

Even if you are on permanent stress alert cyclists still break rules cut you up when you think you have just to watch out for cars and vans.

Parks are no better they have the cyclists in lycra and hats and lean machines that go faster because they can.

Next time we go love to cycle in a more rural area.

Must say the Dutch people were very tolerant of us tourists trying to work out instructions calling out in English as they passed.

We have been to Amsterdam many times before in the past.
    This time there are more people more bikes and road works construction sites tram lines just as in every growing City.
    My brother lived in Holland and I used to visit regularly, he previously lived in Germany but owning a house in Germany was out of most peoples reach, as like Germany the Country was severely damaged by the War and rebuilt in a modern day layout with roads etc doing the same in the UK or even expecting it can be done is a pipe dream it's about time the dreaming stopped and he returned to reality.

10. Likes Desert Region, local liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    LOL.....Thanks, that's a new one to me!

Btw, we're (most of us) still alive and well as a group. It's still possible to spot members out and about in their hi-viz P'n'P tops, when worn. Recruitment continues, e-mailshots continue, etc. A groups strength isn't in its website, it's in its people!
    Can't say that I've any time recently spotted any cyclists sporting hi-viz P'n'P tops, and as encountering cyclists and their (often memorable) road habits is a comparatively rare experience compared to other traffic I feel as though I would have noticed these P'n'P tops. Was it this century or the previous that a cyclist last wore one of them?

I think you established on the Bedtime reading material on cycle lanes in Southport thread that the P'n'P group consists of you writing and sending letters plus someone else now and again pity-donating a book of stamps to you.

On your hobby of decades of lobbyist letter sending: it does seem odd that you insist on sending letters rather than emails. One way or another you do have it in for trees, don't you?!

But, anyway, it seems I've been unaware of satisfyingly steady passages of hi-viz P'n'P wearing cyclists. I'm sure the hi-vis tops existed and may have been worn at one time, but they've not a regular sight now, are they?

Looking into the P'n'P definition (from earlier)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_and_play

...I see that:

"Party and play (PnP), also called chemsex or wired play, is the consumption of drugs to facilitate or enhance sexual activity."

That could handily provide a new explanation to why there's an absence of sightings of these hi-viz P'n'P wearers. They don't want to be advertising that they're yet more riders who are cycling under the influence!

More on that PNP / PnP definition:

"The practice is nicknamed "party 'n' play" ("PNP" or "PnP") by some participants. Others refer to it as "high 'n' horny" ("HnH"). One academic study calls the practice "sexualized drug use" or SDU.[6] The term PnP is commonly used by gay men[1][ and other men who have sex with men (MSM) in North America and Australia."

Last edited by Desert Region; 08/11/2021 at 10:37 AM.

12. Likes Styx liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    A) Can't say that I've any time recently spotted any cyclists sporting hi-viz P'n'P tops, and as encountering cyclists and their (often memorable) road habits is a comparatively rare experience compared to other traffic I feel as though I would have noticed these P'n'P tops. Was it this century or the previous that a cyclist last wore one of them?

But, anyway, it seems I've been unaware of satisfyingly steady passages of hi-viz P'n'P wearing cyclists. I'm sure the hi-vis tops existed and may have been worn at one time, but they've not a regular sight now, are they?
    There were a couple of hundred produced and sent out to members free with one of our Newsletters. Whilst that was ten years ago if not more, I do keep an eye out for them and still make the occasional sighting.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    The modal share for bikes in NL is at around ten times that of the UK......If all those Dutch bikes were cars instead, the congestion/CO2 emissions in NL would be a whole lot worse. By the same token, when the UK has created a similarly comprehensive network of quality cycleways, we would expect bikes here to increase their modal share by the same amount - thus reducing UK CO2 emissions by a similarly significant factor.

It's not the bikes that are the problem it is the lanes you want to put them in,

clearly the enactment of your wishes in a country built with very different street layouts often from a time of horses and carts would be an environmental catastrophe.

The evidence is there in the Netherlands now.

Far from reducing Co2 the gridlocked roads would be a retrograde step in reducing emissions.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    It's not the bikes that are the problem it is the lanes you want to put them in,

clearly the enactment of your wishes in a country built with very different street layouts often from a time of horses and carts would be an environmental catastrophe.
    Yep. That's your problem, right there...Streets designed for horse and cart (and bike), that have since had mass motor traffic imposed on them!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Yep. That's your problem, right there...Streets designed for horse and cart (and bike), that have since had mass motor traffic imposed on them!
    Your capacity for making the most crass, illogical comments never ceases to amaze.

Likes / Dislikes
    There were a couple of hundred produced and sent out to members free with one of our Newsletters. Whilst that was ten years ago if not more, I do keep an eye out for them and still make the occasional sighting.
    Even you don't wear one! You probably occasionally sight a bit of one sticking out at the back of your coat rack!

I'm sure it won't be long now before other forum posters mention about their recent sightings of hi-vis P'n'P topped cyclists...

Looking into the P'n'P definition (from earlier)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_and_play

...I see that:

"Party and play (PnP), also called chemsex or wired play, is the consumption of drugs to facilitate or enhance sexual activity.
    If you ever try to start up Path 'n' Pedal again, you might consider changing its name to something without the drug associations, maybe something like...Saddles 'n' Mudguards - or S&M.

Likes / Dislikes
    Even you don't wear one! You probably occasionally sight a bit of one sticking out at the back of your coat rack!

I'm sure it won't be long now before other forum posters mention about their recent sightings of hi-vis P'n'P topped cyclists...

If you ever try to start up Path 'n' Pedal again, you might consider changing its name to something without the drug associations, maybe something like...Saddles 'n' Mudguards - or S&M.
    P'n'P never stopped.......another major advantage of free lifetime membership.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    P'n'P never stopped.......another major advantage of free lifetime membership.
    Ha! No lapsed members because no-one had to pay any membership fees!

Just another obsolete organisation, with no website or social media presence and as relevant as a dodo, with an inactive 'membership' list, save for yourself and the person who donates your postage stamps to help fund your tree-unfriendly, letter-sending hobby!

As I say, you yourself don't even wear the retro hi-vis P'n'P top!

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations